MT
Posted By
Mike_Tyner
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using ME and recently installed Elements 2. I also have other Image Editing software on the computer. On install PE2 sets itself as default and the other software, especially ULEAD, is caused to lock up when attempting to open photos. I intend to continue using other software for the time being. Is it possible to stop or change the default setting. I want to be able to use all software simultaneously.

Mike Tyner

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 29, 2004
Mike,

Right click a file of the format you wish to change to default open for in Explorer, choose Open With…if the program you desire isn’t listed there, go to Choose Program. Click the "always use" area. This should change the program that opens that particular file format, if you desire to open in a non-default program, just right click and choose.

Edit—

Of course you could always open the program of choice first and then do a File>Open
MT
Mike_Tyner
Aug 29, 2004
Opening the program of choice does not always work. I have experienced complete "lockup" and thus have to restart the computer.

I want to alter the general default so PE does not interfere with other programs.
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 29, 2004
Mike…..

Although Adobe say the Elements runs with ME and maybe some people are doing so successfully, ME was not one of Microsofts greatest products and not very stable. Not only that, when loading various different types of Software, conflicts can arise whereby the only solution is to re-format your drive and start again.

I’m not suggesting you go down this route yet but it may turn out the only way unless someone else can shed some light on your problem

Colin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections