BH
Posted By
Beth Haney
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Gee, Raymond, I’m not sure where it went. Did you look inside the application to see if it’s still there? I suspect it is, but for some reason it’s not being accessed. Before doing anything else, try deleting the Preferences. This is a pretty common culprit for problems with something that used to work and doesn’t anymore. And, no, just because you uninstalled and reinstalled doesn’t mean you would have gotten rid of the Preference folder. A corrupted one could lurk on your hard drive and continue to cause trouble.

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. Hold all four down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

If this doesn’t work, repost and let us know you’ve already tried it. You might also want to peek in that application folder and make sure the presets really are there. I’m betting so, but it sure wouldn’t hurt to verify that – although I don’t have a clue where they would have run off to.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RT
Raymond Tamos
Jul 16, 2003
Well … Gee, Beth — your suggestion worked. Picture Package came back to life. What a screwball way to reset something that should never have gotten out of whack. It’s too bad that PE2 documentation doesn’t provide any clues on how to fix problems like this.
CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 16, 2003
Raymond: That’s why it’s worth your time to visit this forum!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections