PB
Posted By
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PSE Version 2, Windows ME, and an Epson 820 photo printer. I have set up a Layout file for two 5.7 prints on 8.5 x 11 inch paper. All goes well except the actual print has a top border of 0.125 inches and a bottom border of 0.6 inch. The top and bottom borders in the Layout file were set to be .35 inches each. Consequently, the printed images are too high on the page.
I realized I could finagle the numbers in the Layout file to equalize the borders, but why should I have to do this? Is the fault with the PSE2 software, or with the Epson Printer? What can be done to make this whole operation predictable?

Regards, Paul.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
With my Epson I go to the paper tab in the epson print set up and click ‘center’. Works perfect every time.
PB
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 14, 2003
My original message was mis typed in a critical way. The 5.7 should have been 5 x 7.

Paul.
PB
Paul_Bellamy
Dec 14, 2003
Jodi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I never realized that the "Center" function was available. I will give it a try.

I’d still like to know why the problem occurs, however.

Paul.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 14, 2003
as far as I can surmise it is set to ‘standard’ to suite text formats….don’t they know we bought a photo printer ’cause we wanted to print photos ?? 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections