JG
Posted By
Joe_Gramm
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to Elements, so excuse my technical expertise. Using File>Print layouts>Picture Package, I created a page with 4 photos on it. (4- 3.5×5 on an 8×10 page) I"d like to add text just above the top 2 & below the bottom 2. Could someone steer me in the right direction to get started.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 4, 2004
Joe….

One you’ve created the packaged picture and it’s open on the screen you can add text in the usual way.

On the toolbar (usually on the left of the screen) you will see a tool icon with a large T (the text tool). Click on this and your mouse pointer will become a vertical line. Click on the picture at the point you want to insert the text and then type away. The options bar at the top can be used to select fonts, colours etc.

Before finishing the text entry, if you move the cursor away a little distance from the text it will turn into a black arrow with a cross, this allows you to drag the text to where you want it.

To finish the text entry press ctrl + enter.

If at this point it’s still not in the right place you can move it using the move tool (top right on tool bar)

Hope this helps

Colin
JG
Joe_Gramm
Aug 4, 2004
Colin, Thanks, that was a big help. Using the Picture Package, say with 4 selected, it links the photos so there’s no space between them. Is there a way to separate them to add the text, or would I have to create a new document & then add them manually. If this were to be the case, do I then have to size all the photos first. Hopefully there is a way to separate the photos while in the Picture package mode.
KW
Ken_Wolin
Aug 4, 2004
You can’t separate the photos once they’re in the picture package. If the individual photos had a white border around them to begin with (you can do that by increasing the canvas size under Image/Resize/Canvas) the borders would show up in picture package. I find the best way of doing what I think you want is to open a new 8 X 10 inch document if you’re using letter-size paper and copy & paste the photos you want onto it. Each photo will be on its own layer. Then you can control each one’s size and location, giving you enough room to place text. Just make sure all the photos and the new document have the same resolution.

Hope this isn’t too confusing.

—– Kenny
JG
Joe Gramm
Aug 5, 2004
Kenny, I created the new 8×10 document. I experimented with just 2 photos, which created 2 layers. Easy enough. I assume to move the layers, I use the move tool. But is there a way when using the move tool, to re size & move the layer, but constrain the proportions?
KW
Ken_Wolin
Aug 5, 2004
When you say "move the layers," I assume you mean move the individual photo around on the newly created 8 X 10 document. Yes… use the move tool and when you want to resize the photo, hold down the Shift key and resize by placing the cursor on the corner of the photo and dragging it larger or smaller.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections