KI
Posted By
Kathryn_I_Gomez
Mar 30, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have never been so frustrated. After calls to Apple, downloading the latest drivers (they were already installed on the iMac 10.5.6) searching every resource I could find online, I am still unable to find out how to get a paper choice (specifically photo paper) when attempting to print from Photoshop on the iMac. There appears to be a choice for everything else except paper.
PLEASE oh please can someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to rectify this situation? I really need to print from Photoshop and on miscellaneous media, where did that option go?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Mar 30, 2009
Had to say as you have not told us what printer you use.
DG
David_Gurney
Mar 30, 2009
Yes, the printer brand is essential information. There’s a known defect with the HP driver where paper choices will simply be greyed out when printing from Photoshop, while they’re available in every other app.

Neither HP nor Adobe has even tried to explain this.

Look at this nonsense:

< http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2553163401_b33503b499_o. png>
S
Savageduck
Mar 30, 2009
On 2009-03-30 11:22:50 -0700, said:

I have never been so frustrated. After calls to Apple, downloading the latest drivers (they were already installed on the iMac 10.5.6) searching every resource I could find online, I am still unable to find out how to get a paper choice (specifically photo paper) when attempting to print from Photoshop on the iMac. There appears to be a choice for everything else except paper.
PLEASE oh please can someone put me out of my misery and tell me how to rectify this situation? I really need to print from Photoshop and on miscellaneous media, where did that option go?

OK! Relax.
First does your Mac recognize your printer?
If yes, in CS4 go to File/Page Setup to get the Page Setup window. Here you should see the usual Settings: Format for: Paper Size: Orientation: & Scale: selections.
In the Format for window find your printer and click on OK.

If you do not find your printer and have the latest drivers installed, go tho your Mac System preferences and select Print & Fax. Make sure your printer is in the list of printers in the window on the left. If not use the + at the bottom of that window to add your printer. Clicking on that + will start a search for printers and associated drivers.
Once that is done, close System Preferences.

Repeat the Page Setup procedure. and print a test in CS4 the full print dialog should open. Again click on the print button or enter. The Mac print dialog will open. If it is in the short format you will see 2 selection pull down windows Printer: (Your printer should be IDed here) & Presets: (normally set to Standard).
On the right next to the Printer: pull down window there will be an Aqua selection button, click on this. The Print dialog will expand to add Copies: Pages: & a selection Button allowing you to choose Layout: Color Matching: Paper Handling: Cover Page: Scheduler: Quality & Media (here is where you select your Media Type/paper & Print Mode, top-quality photo for example)
The others will be Color Options: Special Effects: Borderless Printing & Summary

If you do not find your printer listed, either install from your supplied printer SW support CD/DVD or go to your printer manufacturer’s web site and download and install the latest drivers and repeat the above.

Good luck, I hope that works for you.

Regards,
Savageduck
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 30, 2009
Paper choices would be via your printer’s interface, plus any specific profiles you may have added. They should be visible in the "Print…" menu. Also, make sure you have the latest driver for your printer installed.

Neil
R
Ram
Mar 31, 2009
Kathryn,

What Neil says. You wont see the printer driver interface and the choice of paper until AFTER you click on the Print button in the Photoshop Print Preview dialog box.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections