AS
Posted By
Anthony_Siciliano
Mar 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My workflow includes picking photos from Bridge and opening them in Photoshop CS4 as Smart Object. I often have twenty or more photos open in Photoshop. Is there a way to batch "Save As" the photos (using the default name Photoshop gives them)? Otherwise I have to do each one one by one. Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Anthony_Siciliano
Mar 26, 2009
Whoops. The title of the Topic reads CS3; the next reads CS4. It is indeed CS4.
RS
Rayne_Sousa
Mar 27, 2009
You can use an action from the menu
File>Automate & Batch

That will save much time!
AS
Anthony_Siciliano
Mar 27, 2009
Could you give more details. I don’t understand the instructions. Thanks.
RS
Rayne_Sousa
Mar 28, 2009
Anthony,

Open the multiple photos and select File > Scripts > Image Processor

Select ‘open images’
choose the location and the quality you need
click ‘run’ when you are ready.

Rayne
AS
Anthony_Siciliano
Mar 28, 2009
Thank you for the help. When I choose "Use Open Images" under number 1, and under number 3 "Save as PSD" and then click "Run" I get a message that open files must be saved first. Suggestions? Am I supposed to load an "Save As" Action and pick that under number 4? I have tried that to no avail….it hangs up because after I save the first photo, the second opens and I get the "Save Changes" question. If I choose to save the changes, then I can’t turn the Action recording off. If I don’t save changes, it closes that file. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
B
Buko
Mar 28, 2009
Don’t open them first just select them in Bridge and run image processor. If they are RAW check open first file to make your settings, like open as smart object.
AS
Anthony_Siciliano
Mar 28, 2009
Thanks!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections