JV
Posted By
Joy_Visser
Mar 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mac OS 10.4.11, Powermac G5, 1.5 gig RAM. After working for a few minutes in Photoshop CS4, the dreaded non disappearing window would appear saying "Could not complete your rquest because of program error". Had to force quit each time. Adobe support was quite helpful. After trying numerous fixes (trashing preferences, repairing permissions, addressing colorsync issues, deleting version Cue, etc, etc., we finally found that the problem stopped when we turned off all the fonts in Fontbook. We left it that I would experiment with different fonts to find where the conflict is. Unfortunately, I have >600 fonts. Anyone have any suggestions about likely suspects?
Also, has anyone else run into a similar situation? I’m wondering if this is a common problem and Adobe will come out with another repair update.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Mar 12, 2009
FontAgent Pro is the best font manager out there. It will find corrupt fonts. Fontbook is pretty sucky as font managers go.

Next you only have 1.5GB RAM 10.4 takes up a chunk of that Photoshop needs as much RAM it can get. And you have 600 fonts active at the same time. Each font is an application that uses RAM. So with that little RAM no wonder it will not work.
R
Ram
Mar 12, 2009
Fontbook is pretty sucky as font managers go.

Agreed, but it’s Font Book. FontBook < http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/content/index._cGlkPTE3Ng _.html> is an entirely different, older application by Lemke Software.
B
Buko
Mar 13, 2009
Oh!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections