Posted By
Grant_McClintock
Jan 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS CS3, MacBook Pro, Leopard, 10.5.6, 2.33 GHz, 3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2

Whenever I try to use "Save As" in PS the program crashes.

Thanks.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 8, 2009
Grant,

Please tell us how much free hard drive space you have and if you’re saving to the internal drive or an external drive. Also include whether this is just one file, a file type, a file with type, and the file size. And include whether you’ve done any system maintenance or if you have problems with anything else on the computer.

Thanks.

Neil
R
Rothrock
Jan 8, 2009
Most likely this is that stupid bug that never got fixed. There used to be a link at the top of the forum, but I didn’t see it just now. (I didn’t look very carefully however….)

I had to down load the fix here and run it. Then a few months later again. And again.

< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 402521>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 8, 2009
Do you actually USE Version Cue CS3?

If you don’t, just disable it in both Bridge and Photoshop’s Preferences.
GM
Grant_McClintock
Jan 9, 2009
Thanks. Disabling Version Cue seems to be working.

Grant
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 9, 2009
I am glad that worked.

VC was more trouble than it was worth in CS3.
B
Bobble
Jan 13, 2009
Ann

Thanks to your advice about disabling Version Cue. It solved my Save As problem also.

Thanks
Bob
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jan 13, 2009
Great!
🙂
R
Ram
Jan 13, 2009
Version Cue was/is not well thought out.

For instance, there is no reason whatsoever that the Version Cue options should even be visible if you don’t have the suite. I run older versions of Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat, while only keeping Photoshop upgraded. I shouldn’t have to deal with VC scripts and option boxes.

Very minor annoyance, though. 🙂

Incidentally, I still think Viet Cong any time I see VC. 🙁
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 13, 2009
Ramon – Same difference.
R
Ram
Jan 13, 2009
Chris,

Same difference.

Version Cue = Viet Cong? 😐

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections