D
Posted By
DavidFosterPhoto
Nov 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a PSD file from a Canon with several layers. When I attempt to print it with the "Description" box checked to an Epson 2200, Photoshop quits unexpectedly. If I attempt to print the same file with the "description" box unchecked, it prints without a problem.

To solve this, I’ve tried the following, without any success:

Disk Warrior on both the system drive and the drive hosting the file. Printing it on the same computer but from a different physical drive. Printing it from another computer, directly connected to the 2200. Re-installing Photoshop.
Removing the fonts from the Library/Fonts folder, deleting the AdobeFnt(s). Rebuilding the file from the original CR2 file, using Camera Raw. Re-installing the Mac OS X 10.4.8 update combined.
Resetting PRAM, repairing permissions.
Saving the PSD file as a TIFF.
Copying the file to different drives (with Save As . . ) and trying to print.

Other, older files from the same camera (with the same type of layers, etc.) print fine with the description box checked, but the files from this day don’t.

If any one has any suggestions on what to try to work this out, I’d love to hear them.

Thanks,

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 28, 2006
Yes, it’s a known bug in CS.

CS2 should have fixed it.
B
Buko
Nov 28, 2006
Try using ID to print
D
DavidFosterPhoto
Nov 28, 2006
Chris & Buko,

Thanks for the responses. I’m very surprised that this problem has just started, we’ve been printing from two different machines with CS for a long time, and almost all of our prints have both the "Labels" and the "Description" boxes checked. Older files (two weeks older, that is) still print fine with the "Description" box checked too.

Thanks again,

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections