GH
Posted By
Greg_Hesp
Jan 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve made a 3D scene in 3DS Max and I’m trying to import a model to a 3D layer, however when I do this Photoshop crashes everytime.

I must close it and reopen it and try again, each time failed. All my graphics drivers are up to date.

I’ve managed to do it before in the past, however I cannot do it anymore Any suggestions please guys?

Vista Business 32-bit
8800GTS 640mb
2GB RAM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 30, 2009
Do you have models available that we can try for ourselves?
M
Mylenium
Jan 30, 2009
What do the models contain? Are they properly converted to polygons before saving? Do you use any extended options when saving to the 3DS format to retain specific info from MAX? Quite possible that you are using a non-standard shader somewhere or have added a comment to an item that will end up as an "opaque" chunk in the exported file and crashes PS.

Mylenium
CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 30, 2009
Shouldn’t matter – Photoshop shouldn’t be crashing no matter what the file contains. But we need to see a sample so we can reproduce the crash and figure out what specific content causes it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections