RV
Posted By
Robert_Vernon
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop Elements 1.0 running under Windows XP. I am a relatively new user and would appreciate some help on the batch capability: I have folders of photos that I would like to renumber/rename using the batch command. On the Batch screen you can check "Convert Image Size" and Rename. I DO NOT want to change the size of the photos, so I just check Rename, and fill in the information about how to number and name the photos. After clicking on OK, Elements goes through the entire folder, as requested, and deposits the renamed photos in the place I request. HOWEVER, it also reduces the SIZE of the photos, even though I never checked "Convert Image Size". How can I keep this from happening?? Thanks for your help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
Robert,

Check within PSE under Image>Resize>Image Size, I suspect the batch process has only changed the resolution to one appropriate for printing, around 200-300 ppi. Depending on the source of your image files, they may have been at 72 ppi. Changing the resolution (without resampling) does nothing to alter the number of pixels in an image, it merely changes their size/density. The higher the resolution (which you need for printing) the smaller the printed size. Compare the before and after pixel dimensions.

edit–

changing the resolution does not mess with the number of pixels in an image if "Resample" is not checked. Resolution (pixels per inch) can be arbitrarily assigned and reassigned forever by the user without detrimental effects to the file. Changing the resolution is how one would obtain the desired size printout.

Check out Wayne Fulton’s excellent expanation of this

<http://www.scantips.com>

It is more than just scanning stuff

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections