How to BATCH WATERMARK IN PS CS3 – Help needed!!!

CG
Posted By
Cool_Guy
Dec 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a large number of photos that I need to watermark. One thing that I am having trouble with is, not all of the photos are of the same orientation. Meaning, some are landscape and some are portrait. Additionally, the size (dimensions) varies from file to file (ie 800×600, 1024×768, 1600×1200, etc.)

I have been using action function and here are the steps I have been using

1. Create new action/record starts
2. Open an image file
3. File>place> a *.png logo file i have already created
4. I then drag the *.png logo from center of the image to the lower right corner and press enter to lock it in place.
5. File>Save>Close

6. File>Automate>Batch etc…

What ends up happening is, for those photos that are of a different size and orientation, the watermark gets placed in odd locations. Though it’s the exact location as the original action was recorded in, it doesn’t work for all photos.

What I am looking for is a way to have the text placed in a relative position to the bottom right corner of the photo. Say, 25px from the bottom and 0px from the right. I am unsure of how to achieve this relative placement.

If anyone has the knowledge of this please help! A million thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Dec 4, 2007
<http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html>Digital Watermark Branding Posted: 12/28/05

Discover the fine art of creating an Action that will magically work on both horizontal and vertical images.Direct link to the QT video tutorial-22.8 MB:
<http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections