RM
Posted By
R_Mac
Jun 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 5.5 and when I click on "save for web" a problem with shortcut window pops up stating "The drive or network connection that the shortcut ‘netscape navigator.lnk’ refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. When I click on Okay it continues to work fine. However I have not used netscape for a long time and uninstalled it quite awhile ago. I have been using IE for quite some time. I would like to get rid of this message if one of you experts here could help me? I can get into the registry of my OS, XP Pro, if that is where the link is and can be changed.

Could someone please help. I would very much appreciate it!!

Thank You.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JO
Jim_Oblak
Jun 10, 2007
Look at:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 5.5\Helpers\Preview In
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 10, 2007
It’s been forever since I’ve used 5.5 but in the earliest version I now have installed, 7.0.1 the Save for Web dialog has a dropdoown at the bottom where you can Choose Other and navigate to the browser you want to use. It should always give you that choice I think.

EDIT: Never mind. Jim has the answer.
RM
R_Mac
Jun 10, 2007
Jim Oblak – That was it and the fix was easier that I had expected it to be. Even though I installed Photoshop on a different drive than C, the subfolder(s) you pointed me to and listed netscape reference was there along with IE. I deleted the netscape reference opened Photoshop, selected a pic, did a save to web and WALAA, no more annoying pop up link error message.

Thank You, Thank You VERY MUCH!

And thank you Ed Hannigan also!

Both of you responded very quickly and that is also appreciated!!

Since I am new to this forum, should I delete the thread now that you have rectified the problema and so that others will not bother themsleves with it?

R Mac
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 10, 2007
Leave the thread. Someone else may have the same problem and benefit.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections