TT
Posted By
Tracy_Tritten
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Windows and have Photoshop 7.0. I am new to Photoshop, and when I first started working with my images I saved them as PDFs instead of PSDs, so I just went back and saved them as PSDs. But when I view the images in any window besides Photoshop, they appear dull and hazy, very different than what they are in Photoshop. Is there any way to correct this, and is it because I started out by saving them as PDFs? I have also tried saving them as JPEGs, since this is the ultimate format that I need these images in. I would like to avoid having to start over with these images, but since I was stupid to begin with-I wouldn’t be surprised if I had to start over. Any help would be great!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Oct 10, 2003
Tracy,

very different than what they are in Photoshop<<

When you view in Photoshop, you are viewing in a colour managed environment. Viewing in other environments you are probably not in a colour managed environment.

You need to read up a little on colour management.

Suggest you spend 15 minutes or so over at Ian Lyon’s website:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm
JH
Jake_Hannam
Oct 10, 2003
Tracy,

You can give your photos more ‘snap’ by first duplicating the layer and then playing with the layer settings. If the photo is a litle dull or flat, often setting the duplicate layer to "soft light" will enhance its appearance. If it is too dark, try using "screen".

What Len says above is critical to good, consistent quality when working with Photoshop.

Jake
CG
Carlos_G_Najera
Oct 10, 2003
Tracy,

Do you have a website where we could see the pictures? It is a little difficult to diagnose what the problem might be without seeing the images.

Carlos

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections