MC
Posted By
Murray_Coppold
May 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This link is broken and I have tried a number of searches but can’t find the topic. Can anyone help find it?

Topic name: Unable to save as jpeg due to program error
Forum name: FAQ — Answers to Frequently Asked Questions— Posted By: Mark Hiers – Oct 17, 2001 11:37 am
Please see <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2a0a2.htm>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
May 1, 2004
Mark Hiers "Unable to save as jpeg due to program error" 10/17/01 11:37am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
R
Ram
May 1, 2004
Buko,

That one happens to be the broken link. 🙂
B
Buko
May 1, 2004
works for me.

Murry’s link does not
R
Ram
May 1, 2004
Buko,

Your link works only as far as taking you to Mark Hiers’ brief post that directs you to the same link Murray posted, and it’s broken. 🙂

Zeb’s works, but takes you to a different tech document.
B
Buko
May 1, 2004
Oh!
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 1, 2004
I can’t recall the exact details of that particular problem, but many similar error messages in Photoshop 6 were corrected with the 6.01 update.

I’ll try and try down the Techdoc for the specific problem, but in the meantime I’ve modified the FAQ link to point to a Techdoc that covers various PS6 problems

Ian Lyons
MC
Murray_Coppold
May 4, 2004
Thanks for all responses. Zeb’s document is interesting, but not my problem as my files don’t contain a pattern overlay style, and it’s not a PS7 issue for me.

I encountered the problem most often in PS 6.01. It usually happens when I open an Illustrator file in Photoshop, in order to save a small bitmap image for a client. I open (rasterize) the AI file in PS, flatten it, then try to Save As a JPEG. I can make a JPEG by using PS Save for Web option, but not directly using Save As. Save As returns the "program error" message. I always wondered what the problem was, and saw the link recently in the FAQs.

Murray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections