Posted By
Thundercross
Jun 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
2 Questions:

1) There is the option to set up to 4 scratch disks, is this really necessary?? I only set up a primary and leave the others blank. I edit on Premiere so have a dedicated cache/scratch drive which stores all premiere & photoshop cached files.

2} Dumb question, I have 4 gigs of physical ram, and the page file on my cache drive is sytem managed, as far as i know photoshop can make use of 2gigs, so in prefs should i let it use 100% of the 2 gigs ram (that photoshop sees) available?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 3, 2007

1. The options are there for those with multiple internal hard disks. In fact Ps will run quite happily with one. It can help to have primary scratch and Windows paging file on different physical drives.

2. The usual advice is to set Photoshop to 55%. Experiment with different settings above that to see if it makes things faster.
T
Thundercross
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks. And Cache Levels?

How does that work?
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 3, 2007
Look in the preferences dialog:

<http://imageshack.us>
T
Thundercross
Jun 3, 2007
Great!

What is meant by quality vs speed? Does it refer to your preview quality of your image as you work with it, and quality represents how close your ‘preview’ is to your final outputted image…??

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections