GB
Posted By
George_Bagwell
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Lately when i try to edit photos i get the scratch disk full message. I went to the FAQs but none were helpful. I have 15gb free disk space that has been recently defraged. I also have 1gb mem and allowing photoshop to use 55%. My photos are fairly large (from a 5 mega pix cam), but ive never had an issue editing the images in the past. Ive tried re-installing the program, but I still get the message. What else could be wrong?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 4, 2006
No, that message only occurs when the scratch disk is full (at least the OS thinks it is) or would be full if you completed your command.

What command were you trying to use when that message came up?
L
LenHewitt
Dec 4, 2006
George,

Is this happening when you attempt to crop an image?

If so, check carefully what units are entered in the crop settings. – it is very easy to omit units and find that instead of cropping to say 2048 Pixels, you are in fact trying to crop to 2048 inches!. As this would need an immense scratch file, you get the message…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections