SB
Posted By
Spencer_Brooks
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In my copy of Photoshop Elements 2.0 my layers box doesn’t show. I’ve tried clicking Window > Layers, as well as just clicking the Layers tab but nothing happens. I should mention I had this problem upon first install and after a reinstall or two everything worked fine. Now its back to being weird again. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 19, 2004
Have you tried Window> Reset Palette Locations yet?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 19, 2004
Spencer.

A couple of things to try:

Windows>Reset Palette locations

if that doesn’t work then try deleting the prefs …

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 19, 2004
Mark … we must have been typing at the same time 🙂

Wendy
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 19, 2004
LOL Wendy,

Here we are 6,000 miles apart typing an answer to the same question at the same time.

Now I need to get away from this computer and start doing my errands and chores!
SB
Spencer_Brooks
Jul 20, 2004
hmmm none of those work. i probably should mention i got this software off of adobesoftwareonline.com…so i downloaded it. i’ll try reinstalling once more.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 20, 2004
bummer 🙁
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 20, 2004
… i probably should mention i got this software off of adobesoftwareonline.com

Unbelieveable, a pirate ship that claims live support !

M
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 20, 2004
It is possible that Spencer does not know that he is using illegal software. After all, he posted the website he bought it from.

I just got a mailing from another company today. How ever do they get away with it I’ll never understand.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 20, 2004
Those guys take themselves very seriously, you know… Quotes from their Terms of Use :

2.4 After product delivery, we cannot issue a refund. The software file(s) are on your computer and we cannot be sure it would be destroyed should you "return" the software title(s) to us. We must ensure that the companies/publishers/programmers receives the proper royalty for their work and ensure that their intellectual property is protected.

(of course, I’m sure Adobe received PLENTY of royalties…)

And then, they go on further…

6.1 Because the products sold by FlashCorp Software are of a software nature, no returns of any software product sold will be accepted and no refunds will be granted. If we do decide or are forced to issue a refund or recieve a charge-back, your debt will be turned over to our collections department and you will be charged no more than one thousand dollars to cover our loss. The Purchaser of any software/product from FlashCorp Software understands and agrees that all software/product purchases and/or downloads are considered final purchases for which absolutely no refunds will be given or provided.

No more than 1000.00$… Wow… Abusive charges.. ? 😉

9.1 You understand that in order for FlashCorp Software to make you a copy of any software, you acknowledge that you are the legal owner of this same software, and are looking to just make a new copy for archival (backup) purposes only.

Ray
P.S. On the checkout page, it says "This is a secured page". However, it is not (no secure icon activated, the page isn’t https). I just hope nothing happens to you.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 20, 2004
Given the web address I would think that quite a few newcomers to Elements might think they are actually dealing with Adobe.

Maybe Spencer would be better picking up a legal copy from EBay as they sell quite cheaply there.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 20, 2004
Wendy, EBay is loaded with pirated software as well….’sometimes’ you can find the ‘legal’ progs but then the prices generally reflect it. Too many idiots makin a livin ripping others off !
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 20, 2004
Hi Jodi,

In the UK nearly all of the copies of Elements on EBay are legal ones … everything you buy here … Cameras, scanners, printers etc seem to come with a copy of it so people sell the spare via EBay. Current price seems to be about £10 to £15 …

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 20, 2004
Wendy, guess what >? In the States it’s actually illegal to sell the software that comes with printers, scanners etc…not so in the UK ?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections