KM
Posted By
Keith_M
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS 7.0, I could scale a layer when a path was showing. In CS I cannot. In 7.0, you needed to have an image tool selected in order to scale the layer and not the path. Conversely, if a path tool was selected – it would scale the path. Now (in CS) no matter what tool I have selected, it still wants to scale the path. Any help????

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 6, 2004
If a Path is selected in the paths palette, it will scale. To scale the image on a layer but not a Path, deselect the path by clicking on empty space, rather than on a "path-layer", in the Paths palette.
KM
Keith_M
Apr 6, 2004
Thanks for the respone. I have figured out that part, but what I need to is scale a layer WHILE I’m seeing a path. Sometimes at my job I need to scale layers to match up to a die line or fit something to the path of a logo. The only work-around I’ve found is to stroke the path I need to see so that it becomes a layer – and then scale my other layers. Unfortunately, PS 7.0 fixed all that and CS seems to have reverted…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 6, 2004
I think that your stroke-the-path workaround is the ONLY way that you can do what you need.

A Feature-Request perhaps?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections