Posted By
Paul_M.Squillace
Nov 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All:

I noticed that today instead of showing the thumbnail of an image in my layers panel, I got a grey box for any layer that is in there. Normally I would see a mini-version of the graphic that I am editing.

Is this something that I did or touched that made this happen, if so, how do I reverse this?

Thanks for any help or advice on this,

Paul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Nov 4, 2008
Version, etc.?

From the Layers Palette flyout arrow menu choose Palette Options. DO you have thumbnails chosen?
PM
Paul_M.Squillace
Nov 4, 2008
Hrmm…..well I opened up Photo shop today but it does not seem to be doing what it was doing.

I am running Ver. CS2 on a Windows PC and took a screen shot in hopes that I could post it here but, there was no such option.

The gray box that I was referring to was something I never saw before. Instead of the thumbnail of the image that I normally see, it was as if I had filled each layer in with the paint bucket tool a gray color.

Well, I will keep a close eye on what changed that would have made it that way.

Thanks for your help,

Paul
F
Freeagent
Nov 4, 2008
Standard troubleshooting:
1 Reboot
2 Reset tool (if applicable)
3 Reset preferences (aka the three-fingered salute)
4 Reinstall
5 Full scale nuclear attack (aka reformat)(That’ll teach you, you…) 6 Sacrifice a chicken/goat/virgin (in that order)
PM
Paul_M.Squillace
Nov 4, 2008
LOL,

Thanks Freeagent…. I will have to think on those for a bit and see what I come up with.

p

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections