P
Posted By
pinedog
Dec 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS4 can’t figure out how to open an image on 2nd monitor. Have to go under my workspace on the pallets monitor and drag it over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Dec 24, 2008
That was indeed changed in CS4.
B
Buko
Dec 24, 2008
best workaround to this point is to make you second monitor your primary monitor.
P
pinedog
Dec 24, 2008
All I can say is, that sucks. $199. and I have to dig under my pallets. find the little image, drag it to the picture monitor and then blow it up. That’s not an upgrade.

Thanks for the replies.
R
Ram
Dec 24, 2008
Didn’t you download and use the trial version before paying for the upgrade? I did.
B
Buko
Dec 25, 2008
well you could make the second monitor the primary until it gets fixed. that way you don’t have to dig around under your panels. I guess that make too much sense if all you want to do is complain.
R
Ram
Dec 25, 2008
Until this change came up and a couple of folks complained about it on the forum, I would have never imagined that anyone would use a secondary monitor as the main monitor. It just boggles the mind.

It appears that Adobe didn’t conceive such a bizarre practice either when they changed this.

Most users refer to their secondary monitor as "my palette monitor."
RD
Russell_Dohrmann
Dec 31, 2008
I’ll pipe in late. My primary monitor is an LCD and my secondary – where I work on images – is a CRT. So I want my images on the secondary. I hope Adobe addresses this deficiency.
R
Ram
Dec 31, 2008
Russell,

In the situation you describe, and for your purposes, you can simply designate the secondary monitor as your main monitor in Display Preferences.

Of course, this will make it your primary monitor in the Finder and in all applications too.
FH
Frank_Heller
Feb 25, 2009
Still broken on 11.0.01. Hey, Chris Cox….are you guys gonna fix this or not?
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
I don’t always get a say in what is fixed and when.
FH
Frank_Heller
Feb 25, 2009
Too bad, you should.
DS
Don_Saban
Feb 26, 2009
I vote to keep it the way it is. I never liked it when photos would open on the last monitor used. It doesn’t need to be "fixed"……it was broken before, but it’s "fixed" now!
S
SubSallowicz
Feb 26, 2009
I am using a second monitor, but i can’t open a file without need to press the tab and catch the image and drag to a second monitor, please have a solution or this is a giant adobe bug

Thanks subsallowicz
JI
Jeffrey_Ignarro
Feb 26, 2009
FYI, I have discovered that if you select to use the application frame, images will open on your second monitor. You can then minimize the app frame and images will continue to open on the second monitor.
R
randalqueen
Feb 27, 2009
I use my Apple Cinema Display as my primary monitor. I do use the application frame though do not HAVE to. But I then have used all the pallets that I can open and have dragged them onto my laptop. So I can then use the F key to go to full screen on my ACD and still use the tab key to see all the pallets but can keep them on the laptop screen and use anytime during editing. This is the only way I can figure out how to have a full screen image and the tools on the other scree, the laptop.

I then use the F key only to go to a toolbar that may have some options needed. Like changing sponge from saturate to desaturate.

This seems to work the best. I then saved this desktop arrangement as Dual Monitor and can go to Essential or anything else when needed.

Hope that helps…
R
Ram
Feb 27, 2009
A agree with Don Saban in #12:

vote to keep it the way it is. I never liked it when photos would open on the last monitor used. It doesn’t need to be "fixed"……it was broken before, but it’s "fixed" now!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections