Collage – open images directly to the main document – possible?

S
Posted By
ShayGaghe
Dec 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi, making a collage, is there a way to open a folder of pictures to the main document? or what is the quickst way to do it?

Thanks
S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 21, 2007
You can open multiple images at once, but not into the same document. There will be a window for each one, and they will have to be dragged into the master image.
S
ShayGaghe
Dec 21, 2007
found an automate scripr built-in photoshop cs, called "contact sheet 2". that does this task prefectly, i just dont know why it space the thumbs verticaly even i set 0 in the spacing there? does anybody knows?

Thanks
S
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 21, 2007
In CS3 you can open the files into a "Stack". This is a single file with all the selected files as layers. You can then enlarge the canvas size, enough to get all the images on, and move them around with the Move Tool (check "Auto Select").

File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack…
S
ShayGaghe
Dec 21, 2007
CS3…..hmmmmmmmmmmmm….a dream that couldntbecome true 🙂 (not now antway)
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 21, 2007
There may be a script for earlier versions; ask in the scripting forum.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.3bbf2765>
S
ShayGaghe
Dec 21, 2007
as i said….i found automated script called "contact sheet 2" that does excactly this.but thanx anyway dear friends/

want to crop them all at the same size before colaging them. i tried to use the crop tool with the ame size but all i get is a selection propotion.

is there a way to make a fixed selection for the crope tool?

Tx
Shay
P
Phosphor
Dec 21, 2007
"is there a way to make a fixed selection for the crope tool?"

You can enter specific values in the Width & Height fields.

But what I like even better is to use the controls in the Options Bar to set a fixed size for the Rectangular Marquee.

After making a selection, I go to Image’Trim…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections