Moving layers from document to another when in TAB mode isn’t possible.

LD
Posted By
Lukas_Dubeda
Dec 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

why isn’t it allowed to move a layer from one open document to another one when in the tabbed view? I can’t drag&drop the layer on the doc’s name in the tab row and have the layer appear in the document?

Why?

And, will this get fixed?

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

– L. Dubeda

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Dec 8, 2008
Drag to the tab name and wait a second or so until that file comes into focus.

Bob
LD
Lukas_Dubeda
Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the prompt reply, however, this doesn’t work here. Don’t know why, but I can wait for hours but the other pohoto won’t get in focus.

I’m on Photoshop CS4 (standard) x64 on Vista Business x64.
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 8, 2008
I will admit it can be a bit buggy. Try a reboot.

Bob
WN
Wesley_Norman
Dec 8, 2008
Lukas, this is how I do it and it will work. Select the layer you want to move, then with the move tool selected, click and drag from the image, not from the layers palette. This works for me, hope it will for you also.

Wes
LD
Lukas_Dubeda
Dec 8, 2008
Ah, right, when selecting from the canvas, it works, however, I was rather used to drag&drop from the layers stack.

Besides this 1s delay before the other image gets focused is also annoying as hell!

Still, this is a deal breaker for me at this moment.

But thanks for the tip.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections