CR
Posted By
cameron_rad
Dec 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

I bought a Pantone Huey Pro color calibrator for my Macbook Pro and I seem to be having some issues with the way Photoshop is handling it.

I calibrated my monitor and everything looks perfect. Colors look balanced and nice. However I seem to be having some issues with Photoshop. I will open an image in photoshop, edit it a bunch, etc. The image looks perfect on my screen. Colors look great, contrast, etc. Everything just like i want it.

So i save it and post it up on the web. However it has become apparent that what i am seeing is completely different than what my friend sees and so on. He is saying my pictures look weird and overly saturated and warm. Yet on my screen they look great. I don’t know what to do. I am a graphic designer and aspiring photographer yet i can’t trust my screen.

Here is one image: < http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6484/27038vs047122616loco pyua0.jpg>

On my screen this looks good. I have no idea what it looks like on others.

Do i have to change photoshop’s color settings or export the images a certain way?

Thanks in advance,

Cameron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 20, 2008
It appears that this image is sRGB but that you did not embed the profile when you saved for Web.

Your image will only look correct to someone who has a wide-gamut monitor if you convert to sRGB and embed the sRGB Profile when saving for web. But that only works if they are using a color-managed Browser (of which there are only two: Safari and Firefox —provided that the User has configured his copy of Firefox to be Color-Managed).
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
There are a few loooooooooooooooong threads on this already, and there’s a FAQ on the subject.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections