DF
Posted By
David_Fuccillo
Jul 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased a new pc (Dell XPS 410) and need to calibrate my monitor (Dell SE197FP). I’ve searched the knowledge base and found instructions on performing this using Adobe Gamma. In the instructions it mentions about using third party software. Before I run the Gamma utility I thought I would ask for people’s experience with Gamma and any third party software that would be recommended.

Thanks in advance for your reponces.

David Fuccillo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CF
Cecil_Fuselier
Jul 10, 2007
I started with Huey by Pantone and was pleased with it, but decided to upgrade to Spyder2Pro and have been very pleased with the results for calibration. Others may have equally or better software that they use, but Spyder has served me extremely well.
B
Buko
Jul 10, 2007
X-Rite’s Eye One 2
DF
David_Fuccillo
Jul 11, 2007
Cecil,

Thanks for your responce. I noticed they offer Spyder2Express for $69.95, Spyder2SUITE $129.95, and Spyder2PRO for $199.95. I was thinking of going with Spyder2Suite. Will Spyder2Express give me what I need?? Are the other two products going to do the same as far as the monitor calibration, but give me more bells and whistles??

Thanks again for your help!!

David Fuccillo
C
chrisjbirchall
Jul 11, 2007
Spyder2Express is all you need to calibrate your monitor.

Spyder2SUITE includes a printer profiling facility.

Spyder2PRO has all the bells and whistles including the ability to compensate for a high level of ambient light in the workroom. It can also profile a digital projector.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections