SS
Posted By
Sam_slat
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know where i Can download PSE brushes? The only One i can find are for PS 6 & 7

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
sunnyway
Jul 11, 2004
PS 6 & 7 brushes will work with Elements 2. A good place to start looking is Adobe Studio Exchange at <http://share.studio.adobe.com/axBrowseProduct.asp?p=2>

Next, do a Google search for "photoshop brushes" and you’ll find dozens of other sites for free downloads. You’ll find custom shapes, gradients, filters, and other things to download, too.

Look for "photoshop presets" for terrific special effects for text, frames, photographic effects, etc. Most everything for PS 6 & 7 will work with PSE2 except Actions, and there are work-arounds for them.
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 11, 2004
You can also make your own with ease. Just use the rectangular marquee to select whatever you want to use as a brush then go to Edit<Define Brush. If you want to use a custom shape as a brush, you’ll have to simplify it first. (Layer<Simplify). Note if it’s a brush you want to keep permanently you also need to save it in a set otherwise it will be deleted when you change out brush sets…you’ll get a warning before this happens. (The save button is located in the brush flyout menu accessed by the little arrow beside the brush icon in the options bar.)

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 11, 2004
Brushes created in Photoshop CS will however not work in Elements 2, which is a nuisance…
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 11, 2004
Will brushes created for PS7 work for PE1 ?? I thought not…

Ray
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 11, 2004
If one can save brushes from CS and they work in PS 7, will they not work in PSE?

In Preferences in CS under File Handling, would it not help if you chose Maximum Compatibility? Or is this just for files and not brushes, patterns, shapes, etc.?

I’m curious…

Patti
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 11, 2004
I would check it out first as PE1 is based on PS6 and PE2 is based on PS7 one of the differences between these pairs of programs is the brush engine, they are different. That being said I am only saying that it is not as clear cut as you may think. Jodi may be able to answer this when she gets back from her party.

Grant
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 11, 2004
Patti – there must have been a change in the brush engine. I don’t think that PS CS brushes will work in PS 7 or Elements 2, although I’ve only tried it with Elements 2. PS7 brushes and tool presets work fine in CS (I’ve got the One click WOW book for PS7 and all that stuff is fine). There have been some other subtle changes too – some of the PS7 mitred frame actions that I used to run in Elements with an action player now do some slightly odd things in CS – I think because of changes in the transform function, but I’m not sure.
MS
Mark_Sand
Jul 11, 2004
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 11, 2004
Interesting that that site has "sponsored links" for some highly questionable vendors.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 11, 2004
Well the guaranteed that we all went to look 🙂

Wendy
SS
Sam_slat
Jul 13, 2004
I wanted to download these ones from a site, caz i have PSE 1 i think and they didnt have any :(:(:(
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 13, 2004
Sam, what are the brushes you need ( or want) ? Have a link to show me ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections