GM
Posted By
Gerald_McClaren
Jan 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had installed Photoshop CS2 for Windows. I can use the clone, healing brush etc. but I cannot adjust the size of any of the brushes including clone or healing brush. I tried the left and right brackets on my keyboard and the size of the brush did not change. Thank you.

Gerald McClaren

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 19, 2009
Did you get it from ebay?

See <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062174/106>
GM
Gerald_McClaren
Jan 20, 2009
I bought it from Amazon.com, it was still in plastic and in the box.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 20, 2009
Was that Amazon itself, or an Amazon reseller?
GM
Gerald_McClaren
Jan 21, 2009
It was an amazon reseller.

Gerald McClaren
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 21, 2009
In that case the warnings in the thread apply.

Check with Adobe that your serial number is valid.
GM
Gerald_McClaren
Jan 22, 2009
The Photoshop Cs2 was brand new and sealed in the box. I had to cut the plastic wrapper from the box to open it. The serial numbers were valid. I went into Photoshop Cs2 under keyboard shortcuts and pulled up all of the keyboard shortcuts for photoshop. I checked all of the shortcuts for every brush and tools in photoshop, consequently, all of them work, except the brackets for decreasing and increasing the size of the brushes i.e [ ]. The symbol for decreasing and increasing of the brushes didn’t work either { }Every shortcut symbols work on my keyboard except decreasing, increasing the size of a brush and decreasing and increasing the hardness of the brush.
I don’t know if it’s my keyboard.

Gerald McClaren
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 22, 2009
Did you read that thread?
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 22, 2009
do you know how easy it is to apply shrink wrap? 🙂
NJ
Norma_J_Vaughn
Jan 27, 2009
So Dave….are you saying tough luck that he has to just deal with it. I thought Adobe help was to help. I too have this very same problem as Gerald. Mine was given to me a year ago as a xmas gift, bought from a store. I am registered with adobe and have a serial #. Are you saying that there’s no fix for this problem or you (are you supposed to be one of the tech’s?) just don’t know how to fix it. All we want to know is can it be fixed and how do we go about doing it. So far I have done everything short of deleting PS and redownloading.
A simple answer would have been, that there isn’t a fix yet or will be. I also did the upgrades for CS2 which didn’t help. I have had PS for many years starting with ps6 & 7 and never had any problems until now and I really love CS2, but this is frustrating. I am truely disalusioned with adobe help if that is the best answer you can give.
enjave
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 27, 2009
sorry norma, no i don’t work for adobe. this is a user to user forum. this has been a problem for years. just reporting that fact. and yes, you’re pretty much on your own as far as adobe’s concerned. hopefully gerald bought with a credit card he can do a chargeback with (and then cancel and reissue the card because a pirate now has the #). you’re in much worse shape because 1) it was a gift and you weren’t the one conned by a pirate, and 2) having had it for a year already, the person who bought it for you couldn’t do a chargeback anyway.

2 things to remember when you’re not buying from the manufacturer (not just adobe, any big ticket item where you think "oh boy, a deal!")

1) buyer beware
2) if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

in other words, if you think you’re getting a great deal by paying 100 bux for that 700 dollar software, guess what? you’re probably being scammed.
QP
Q_Photo
Jan 28, 2009
Someone thinks that dave works for Adobe. Reminds me of the time someone thought John Joslin was an Adobe employee. Which led to the terrible "John broke up the Beatles" rumor. I wonder who started that. Hee Hee Hee….
Q
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 28, 2009
Someone had to do it!
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 28, 2009
haven’t you done enough already yoko! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections