B
Posted By
BruceCSI
Mar 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS and when I create an image or open an image, I can not get the brush tool or pencil tools to work. Everything else works fine. I have checked all of the settings; the brush style and size, the color, etc. Everything is set so something should appear on the layer when using the brush or the pencil, but nothing does. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
Mar 14, 2007
Brush opacity and transfer mode?

Layer opacity and transfer mode?

Do you have a selection?

Are you trying to paint on a layer mask by any chance?
B
BruceCSI
Mar 14, 2007
Everything is set to Normal, and the opacity for the brush and layer are both 100%. I’ve tried both deselecting and selecting the entire layer and still nothing. I’m not painting on a layer mask, just a standard layer.
C
chrisjbirchall
Mar 14, 2007
Click on the little arrow for the fly-out menu and "Reset Tools".

If that doesn’t do the trick try resetting the Preferences file as detailed in the FAQs.
B
BruceCSI
Mar 14, 2007
OK. I’ll try that. I have it at home and I’m at work now so I’ll have to check on it tonight. Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections