TD
Posted By
Terry_Davies
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. As anyone had this? Trying to paint using a small brush but nothing seems to be happening so I increase size of the brush so its outline is showing huge on the screen but when I use it the actual size of the brush is very much smaller and this is with any tool it seems.

Seems to be just completely round brushes, if I use a "jaggy" brush I paint in the correct size!!

Now this was working OK yesterday and I have had this before but I can’t remember how I cured it. Any ideas? Terry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BE
Bob_E._Warren
Aug 6, 2004
Try resetting the tool — look for the brush icon at the far left of the option bar and right click, then select ‘Reset Tool’.
Bob Warren
TD
Terry_Davies
Aug 6, 2004
Hi Bob, Thanks for your very prompt respond at my hour of need. Try what you said but unfortunately it didn’t work. Thank again! Terry.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 6, 2004
reset your preferences>

Hold down alt+ctrl+shift a split second after launching program. A pop up will appear asking if ya want to delete prefs…say ‘ya’ and that should fix it. If ya don’t get the pop up…keep trying, it’s a quickie 3 finger thing.
TD
Terry_Davies
Aug 6, 2004
Hi Jodi, thanks for that I actually got on to the support team and they tried that by getting me to drag the prefs files onto the desktop to no avail. The funny thing it is now working OK! I’m planning to decorate this room and I’ve moved the computer and connected it up again and it now works!!! I don’t know if it was doing what Bob told me to do, resetting the all the brushes, maybe it required a restart of the the computer??? Anyway thank you again Jodi and thanks again to Bob! All the best Terry.
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 6, 2004
Terry,

If it ever happens again, check your brush options to see if "tablet support" has been turned on. If using a mouse, there is no "pressure" information so a brush in that mode would paint very lightly.

Resetting preferences may have been another way to cure it, but that resets everything, including any customizations made to how palettes are laid out / docked with each other — so I tend to save that for a last ditch effort.

Byron
TD
Terry_Davies
Aug 6, 2004
Hi Byron, Thanks for that. You may be right there the one thing I didn’t connect when I move the computer was the tablet!!!! Nice thought, I’ll experiment with that tomorrow. When I started the thread I didn’t expect a great deal but is a great forum. Thanks again to everyone who gave me their advice. Cheers Terry.
TD
Terry_Davies
Aug 7, 2004
Hi Lads, Try the program this morning worked OK, plugged in the tablet and the normal mouse just does a thin line. Both tablet mouse and pen works correctly. Another one of lifes great mysteries solved. Thank again lads. Terry.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections