Posted By
Hilma Ruby
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have been trying to make my own personalized copyright signature brushes and this brush thing is driving me nuts (tho I don’t have far to go). I renamed a Brush folder (the Ivy folder)to "Signatures." I want then to delete the ivy brushes to make it solely a Signature folder. All seems to go well until I try to delete the ivies. After clicking on different brush sets to "reset" the Signature folder, I come back and the ivies are back and the signatures are gone even though it’s call Signature folder. Is it not possible to have a special folder for signatures. Where else can they be saved?

Can someone tell me how to make and save brushes–pleeeeez. Can I make a folder especially for these new brushes or any other brushes I make in the future?

Hilma
<http://hilmasfotos.fotopic.net>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 26, 2005
Here it is step by step. Hopefully I copied the link correctly!

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7@@.3bb8a7eb/8>

Patti
HR
Hilma Ruby
Apr 26, 2005
OK, I think I’ve got it–Thank you. One problem. The signatures also show up as my Assorted Brushes. No Assorted Brushes are there now. They’re also neatly tucked away in the Signatures folder but how do I get my Assorted Brushes back (and what happened)?

Hilma
<http://hilmasfotos.fotopic.net>
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 26, 2005
One problem. The signatures also show up as my Assorted Brushes. No Assorted Brushes are there now. They’re also neatly tucked away in the Signatures folder but how do I get my Assorted Brushes back (and what happened)?

It’s impossible to tell without seeing you Brushes folder…or a screen shot of the brushes palette. Look in your Presets>Brushes folder. Is Assorted Brushes in there? Did you save over it by accident?

Patti
HR
Hilma Ruby
Apr 26, 2005
Patti,

I looked in the Presets and Assorted Brushes is there but contains my signatures. I must have saved over it by accident. Is it possible to get them back?

Hilma
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 27, 2005
Are you using PSE3? Perhaps someone could send you the file (it’s only 39KB). I can send you the file as an attachment but I have PSE2 and want to be sure it’s identical before sending. If you click my name at the top of this post, you’ll see a link for my email.

Can someone confirm that the Assorted Brushes are the same in version 2 & 3?

Patti
HR
Hilma Ruby
Apr 27, 2005
Patti,

I have the installation disk. Will I find it there (esp. w/o reinstalling PSE3)?

Hilma
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 27, 2005
I already looked on the CD and it’s not possible to extract just one file. I am 99.9% they are identical. I have PS CS also and the Assorted brushes look identical. I even renamed the file and loaded them into PSE2 and they work fine.

If you want me to send you the file, let me know your email and they will be at your desktop in a matter of seconds.

Meanwhile, here’s an idea to avoid this in the future. Copy the Presets\Brushes folder and store the copy in a different place on your computer — or on a disk. Brushes don’t have to reside in the PSE folder, you can have them anywhere on your computer — it’s safer that way. You can load them as needed.

Patti
HR
Hilma Ruby
Apr 27, 2005
Patti, May I ask you to indulge me for a second? I’ll tell you how I made and saved the brushes—there may be something wrong there. First I made a new page, typed in the signature, flattened image, selected it with the rectangular tool and went to Edit>Define Brush and gave it a name. Then I went to the Brush icon, opened the brushes and clicked on the small arrow. From there I Saved (in this case to Signatures). Does that sound right to you? Any mistakes, suggestions?

Thank you for all your help and and advice. Please do send me the file. My email address is

Hilma
<http://hilmasphotos.fotopic.net>
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 27, 2005
I’ll tell you how I made and saved the brushes—there may be something wrong there. First I made a new page, typed in the signature, flattened image, selected it with the rectangular tool and went to Edit>Define Brush and gave it a name. Then I went to the Brush icon, opened the brushes and clicked on the small arrow. From there I Saved (in this case to Signatures). Does that sound right to you? Any mistakes, suggestions?

Sounds right to me…at least in print! The only thing I see that might cause a problem is I am not quite sure what you meant when you said that you said you "saved to Signatures." Was the Assorted Brushed set the current set showing when you defined your new brushes? Did you at some point delete everything in Assorted brushes except for your new brushes and then saved without renaming it?

All that aside, the best way to avoid overwriting current brushes is to make sure that you back them up first. Better yet, is to make sure the current set showing in the brush palette one that you don’t care about. Create a new brush set from these, name it "Blank brushes" or "Empty brushes" or something similar. Delete all but one of these brushes (you have to keep at least one) and save the set again with the "Blank brushes" name. When you are ready to define new brushes, load this blank set, rename the set for your new brushes BEFORE you start defining them. This will keep your blank set unchanged.

Hope this helps!
Patti

P.s. The Assorted Brushes set is on its way to your inbox.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections