T
Posted By
TomGowans
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know whether it is possible to upgrade from Elements to CS with the ‘upgrade’ version (not full version) of 8?
I’m running a Mac G5 1.8 if that helps
Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 10, 2004
Yes Tom it is possible to update from Elements to CS not with the update version but by buying CS at a discounted price from Adobe. The price does seems to vary so the best thing to do is telephone Adobe and ask for the current price.

However, recently there have been some good offers attached to buying other equipment … Take a look at this link.

Stu Bloom "Irresistible offer…" 7/4/04 1:58pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/22>

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry Tom that offer seems to have expired …

Wendy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry Tom that offer seems to have expired …

Wendy

Wendy,

Why do you say it has expired ?? On the side bar (left), it says that it expires on Feb, 28, 2005.

http://store.adobe.com/store/products/special.jhtml?id=catWa com_0205&sourcec ode=74113

or..

http://tinyurl.com/ypkho

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 10, 2004
Ray,

I really must put my glasses on 🙂

These offers never seem to apply in the UK !! …

Wendy
T
TomGowans
Jul 11, 2004
Yeah, shame it doesn’t apply to the UK, as thats where I’m from… Any ideas on beating the system?!?
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 11, 2004
Move?
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 12, 2004
A friend with a US credit card and billing address? (and you still might have problems with customs on arrival in the UK as strictly speaking VAT would need to be paid – and I’m not sure how registration and authentication of the software would go if it was coming from the wrong region.) I’m still trying to work out what the legal position on GST (the Aussie equivalent of VAT) is for overseas downloaded software I’ve bought – at least one site charged VAT for European customers but didn’t mention Australians…

Susan S
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Jul 12, 2004
The only other possible way to beat the system is to buy a previous edition of Photoshop from somewhere like Ebay. Make sure it’s genuine and you’ll need to get the license key and re-register it with Adobe. There are some bargains to be had and then you can qualify for the CS Upgrade package price.

Colin
T
TomGowans
Jul 12, 2004
Theres a few selling version 4.0 for mac for £1!
Thanks for all the help
Tom
RS
Robin_Schold
Jul 13, 2004
I have copy of PS 3.1 (on about 14 floppies) that I got at a yard sale for a quarter. I installed it and registered it, but later uninstalled when I got a copy of PSE2. Do you think I could upgrade that to CS?

Robin S
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 13, 2004
Robin,

The Adobe website doesn’t seem to state any restriction as to the version number from which Photoshop can be upgraded. However, I suspect you’ll have to call them to be able to install Photoshop CS (as far as I can tell, you can’t install CS from version prior to 4, but I might be wrong).

Just out of curiosity, when you registered version 3, did you do it over the Internet or by phone? If not, I suspect you simply entered the serial number (software key, cd key, etc.), which unlocked the installer. The copy might have been registered (by phone) to someone else, and without the release form (signed by the original buyer), you might be out of luck for an upgrade. Unless the box you bought was still wrapped and was new.

Still, call Adobe and have your serial number at hand, they’ll let you know if this copy can be upgraded.

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections