Cross Platform Switch PC to Mac??

K
Posted By
KB2OGI
Dec 13, 2009
Views
647
Replies
6
Status
Closed
How does one go about getting licensing for a mac version? i.e. Who do I call? I already own a Windows license and I’m anticipating a mac in the near future.
AB
Alan Browne
Dec 13, 2009
On 09-12-13 9:13 , KB2OGI wrote:
How does one go about getting licensing for a mac version? i.e. Who do I call? I already own a Windows license and I’m anticipating a mac in the near future.

I assume you’re talking about moving Photoshop to the Mac.

When I got my Mac I called Adobe and arranged to switch my license, (CS3) to the Mac. Although I had DL’d CS3 for the Mac and it ran fine (as a 30 day demo), Adobe did not give me an activation code, but insisted on mailing me a disk – so I had to pay shipping charges.

I also had to fax an affidavit swearing that I had removed CS3 completely from the PC.

I also installed the PC version of CS3 on the Mac under VMWare Fusion. There were no speed issues, but keyboard mapping was a bit awkward.

IAC, VMWare Fusion is a great virtualizer to have on the Mac during transition from one environment to the other.
K
KB2OGI
Dec 14, 2009
Thanks Alan
Yes It’s Photoshop CS4. I’ve been getting mixed responses from Adobe. Customer service say’s it’s no problem and transfer me to the sales department who tell me they can’t do it but the customer service department can.
I’ll persevere.
Michael

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:38 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 09-12-13 9:13 , KB2OGI wrote:
How does one go about getting licensing for a mac version? i.e. Who do I call? I already own a Windows license and I’m anticipating a mac in the near future.

I assume you’re talking about moving Photoshop to the Mac.
When I got my Mac I called Adobe and arranged to switch my license, (CS3) to the Mac. Although I had DL’d CS3 for the Mac and it ran fine (as a 30 day demo), Adobe did not give me an activation code, but insisted on mailing me a disk – so I had to pay shipping charges.
I also had to fax an affidavit swearing that I had removed CS3 completely from the PC.

I also installed the PC version of CS3 on the Mac under VMWare Fusion. There were no speed issues, but keyboard mapping was a bit awkward.
IAC, VMWare Fusion is a great virtualizer to have on the Mac during transition from one environment to the other.
AB
Alan Browne
Dec 14, 2009
On 09-12-14 8:03 , KB2OGI wrote:
Thanks Alan
Yes It’s Photoshop CS4. I’ve been getting mixed responses from Adobe. Customer service say’s it’s no problem and transfer me to the sales department who tell me they can’t do it but the customer service department can.
I’ll persevere.
Michael

When you’re talking to some guy with an Indian accent, you’ll know you’re on the right track. I’d suggest you search on the Adobe site for the policy so that you can refer to it when you’re talking to them. Skip sales, go straight to cust support.

Pls don’t top post.

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:38 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 09-12-13 9:13 , KB2OGI wrote:
How does one go about getting licensing for a mac version? i.e. Who do I call? I already own a Windows license and I’m anticipating a mac in the near future.

I assume you’re talking about moving Photoshop to the Mac.
When I got my Mac I called Adobe and arranged to switch my license, (CS3) to the Mac. Although I had DL’d CS3 for the Mac and it ran fine (as a 30 day demo), Adobe did not give me an activation code, but insisted on mailing me a disk – so I had to pay shipping charges.
I also had to fax an affidavit swearing that I had removed CS3 completely from the PC.

I also installed the PC version of CS3 on the Mac under VMWare Fusion. There were no speed issues, but keyboard mapping was a bit awkward.
IAC, VMWare Fusion is a great virtualizer to have on the Mac during transition from one environment to the other.
K
KB2OGI
Dec 14, 2009
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:29:05 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 09-12-14 8:03 , KB2OGI wrote:
Thanks Alan
Yes It’s Photoshop CS4. I’ve been getting mixed responses from Adobe. Customer service say’s it’s no problem and transfer me to the sales department who tell me they can’t do it but the customer service department can.
I’ll persevere.
Michael

When you’re talking to some guy with an Indian accent, you’ll know you’re on the right track. I’d suggest you search on the Adobe site for the policy so that you can refer to it when you’re talking to them. Skip sales, go straight to cust support.

Pls don’t top post.

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:54:38 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 09-12-13 9:13 , KB2OGI wrote:
How does one go about getting licensing for a mac version? i.e. Who do I call? I already own a Windows license and I’m anticipating a mac in the near future.

I assume you’re talking about moving Photoshop to the Mac.
When I got my Mac I called Adobe and arranged to switch my license, (CS3) to the Mac. Although I had DL’d CS3 for the Mac and it ran fine (as a 30 day demo), Adobe did not give me an activation code, but insisted on mailing me a disk – so I had to pay shipping charges.
I also had to fax an affidavit swearing that I had removed CS3 completely from the PC.

I also installed the PC version of CS3 on the Mac under VMWare Fusion. There were no speed issues, but keyboard mapping was a bit awkward.
IAC, VMWare Fusion is a great virtualizer to have on the Mac during transition from one environment to the other.
Thanks Alan
I’m sorry about the top posting before
Michael
G
Geert
Dec 28, 2009
Hello,

this is the correct procedure to switch from platform. The only thing it costs are the shipping fee for the new DVD’s

Dear ,
Please review your issue resolution below.
To view your case history, visit the Web Email Support Portal at: http://www.adobe.com/go/uk_supportportal/
If you have difficulties logging in, just click on
http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_XXXX, Adobe ID and Membership FAQ. Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.
Adobe Customer Support
Web Case Details: XXXXXXXX
______________________________________________________
***Notes to Customer***
12/28/200910:04:44
Dear Mr/Mrs Maddens,
Thank you for contacting our Adobe Customer Service.
In order to process your refund, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.adobe.com
2. Go to Support
3. Go to Customer Service
4. Contact Customer Support
5. Continue to the Customer Support Portal
6. Login in with your Adobe ID and password
7. Click on the Orders <(>&<)>Download tab
8. Select Return/Exchange/Refund from the dropdown menu
9. Then fill out the fields in the Case
10. Scroll to the bottom where you will see a check box to agree to destroy the media
Hopefully I informed you properly, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Best regards,
K
KB2OGI
Dec 28, 2009
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 02:52:06 -0800 (PST), Geert
wrote:

Hello,

this is the correct procedure to switch from platform. The only thing it costs are the shipping fee for the new DVD’s

Dear ,
Please review your issue resolution below.
To view your case history, visit the Web Email Support Portal at: http://www.adobe.com/go/uk_supportportal/
If you have difficulties logging in, just click on
http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_XXXX, Adobe ID and Membership FAQ. Thank you for contacting Adobe Customer Care.
Adobe Customer Support
Web Case Details: XXXXXXXX
______________________________________________________
***Notes to Customer***
12/28/200910:04:44
Dear Mr/Mrs Maddens,
Thank you for contacting our Adobe Customer Service.
In order to process your refund, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.adobe.com
2. Go to Support
3. Go to Customer Service
4. Contact Customer Support
5. Continue to the Customer Support Portal
6. Login in with your Adobe ID and password
7. Click on the Orders <(>&<)>Download tab
8. Select Return/Exchange/Refund from the dropdown menu
9. Then fill out the fields in the Case
10. Scroll to the bottom where you will see a check box to agree to destroy the media
Hopefully I informed you properly, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Best regards,

THanks Very Much I filled out the on-line form now we’ll see what happens
All the Best

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections