RG
Posted By
Richard_G._Lowe
Jul 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m moving from PC/Vista to Mac and am trying to move Lightroom 1.4.1 along with everything else. I installed Lightroom 1.4.1 on the Mac (to match the l.4.1 version on my PC), transferred 4,000+ photo files from the PC (My Pictures) to the Mac (Pictures), copied my latest backup file from the PC to the Mac (via an external hard drive), used Lightroom/Mac to import the photos from Pictures to Lightroom. But I end up with either: (1) the photos in Mac/Lightroom without the "Collections" structure I had on the PC (so I’m guessing the backup file with all my settings must not be in the right place for the Mac to see it), or (2) the thumbnails in Mac/Lightroom w/a message that Lightroom can’t find the original files. I’m assuming the backup file w/settings is the culprit, but I don’t really know. So, if I start over from scratch, what do I do (and in what order) to get Lightroom to operate properly on the Mac, with all the settings and photos that I originally had on the PC? (My guess: copy the photos from the PC hard drive (My Pictures) to the Mac hard drive (Pictures), install Lightroom 1.4.1 on the Mac again, import the photos from Pictures into Lightroom, import the Lightroom backup file from the PC to the Mac, fire up Lightroom on the Mac and hope that it can see the transferred photos and the transferred backup file. Finally, where does the backup file go on the Mac? Under Lightroom? In Documents? Somewhere else?)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jul 20, 2008
You will have better luck getting answers in the Lightroom forum

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections