N
Posted By
neworder7
Feb 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Could someone tell me the best way to set up or calibrate my PC at home to my mac at work as there always seams to have a difference in colour and also brightness and contrast even though I have calibrated them both, using an Eye One. The only difference I have notice when calibrating is my Mac works with a Gamma of 1.8 vs the PC at 2.2. Should I set my PC at home at 1.8 as well.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

W
Woody
Feb 7, 2005
In article ,
says…
Hi Could someone tell me the best way to set up or calibrate my PC at home to my mac at work as there always seams to have a difference in colour and also brightness and contrast even though I have calibrated them both, using an Eye One. The only difference I have notice when calibrating is my Mac works with a Gamma of 1.8 vs the PC at 2.2. Should I set my PC at home at 1.8 as well.

The gamma is the difference. If you set your PC to have the same gamma as the Mac, it should look the same.

Woody
M
Martin
Feb 7, 2005
In article ,
Woody wrote:

In article ,
says…

The gamma is the difference. If you set your PC to have the same gamma as the Mac, it should look the same.

Do it the other way around.

The Mac’s gamma is the screwy one. sRGB is near 2.2 as is Adobe(RGB)1998.

Gamma 2.2 gives you a data bias towards shadows – which is where you need it most.

Apple should use Tiger as an opportunity to kill this issue – but I bet they don’t…

Martin
AM
Alec McKenzie
Feb 7, 2005
Woody wrote:

In article ,
says…

This might help:

http://www.wpdfd.com/wpdpal4.htm

Alec McKenzie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections