J
Posted By
jjvors
Dec 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My daughter uses a Mac at college and a PC at home. She has the same version of Photoshop on both: 2.0 You would think .psd files would transfer but they don’t.

What is the the technique, if any, to transfer these files?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
neon
Dec 22, 2005
jjvors wrote:
My daughter uses a Mac at college and a PC at home. She has the same version of Photoshop on both: 2.0 You would think .psd files would transfer but they don’t.

Thanks.
1) if she’s running version 2.0 she’s not running photoshop, she’s running photoshop elements…big difference. this should really be posted in a photoshop elements ng.
2) make sure the elements preferences are set correctly on both machines.
L
LaManchaDQ
Dec 26, 2005
"jjvors" wrote in message

Thanks.

I’ve verified the problem that your daughter is having. There appears to be an incompatibility between the Mac PSE2 and PC PSE2 when saving in PSD format. My PC doesn’t even "see" the file if it was saved on the Mac.

Here is your solution.

On either platform, save the file in "Tiff" format. If there are layers that she wants to maintain make sure that the "as Layers" check box is selected. Then when she clicks save another dialog box will pop up and she needs to select the "Byte Order" for the platform that she is going to next edit the file on. The choices are either "Macintosh" or "IBM PC."

Therefore when she is at college she select "IBM PC" when she is ready to save the files for the trip home. When she is at home she will choose "Macintosh" when she is ready to transport that work back to college.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections