OD
Posted By
Owen Dawson
Apr 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I made a selection using the path tool and i’m trying to save it as a file to open in another program (publisher). When I flatten the layer it puts the white background around the image. Is there a way to save the file without saving the background? Owen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 7, 2007
Don’t flatten.

Do you want to save the Path or a selection made from the Path. or a selected image or part of an image? All different questions and different methods.

If, as I suspect, you want to save a part of an image that is on a Layer go to the Layers palette and choose Duplicate Layer from the flyout arow. You can save it as a new document from there.

That’s one way.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 7, 2007
Save it in a format that supports transparency.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 7, 2007
Is that even possible with Publisher? Or do you need a Clipping Path?
OD
Owen Dawson
Apr 7, 2007
Ed, Thanks for your reply. On my screen i have a selected image on a layer. The background is transparent. I can save it as a tiff which give s me the option to save transparency. I guess publisher doesn’t support the transparency as i get the white background when i load it into publisher. What is a clipping path and how can i create one? Thanks, Owen
OD
Owen Dawson
Apr 7, 2007
Ed, I just figured it out. Thanks for your help. Owen
PS
pradeep_sunita
Apr 12, 2007
make selection in area you want to make trasparent . go to selection menu and from save selection sub menu save your selection .
now go save for web in file menu . here beneath the preset you choose gif format . ok now save and see result

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections