KS
Posted By
Kelly_S._A._Jones
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I save a picture from the internet and open it in photoshop, the layer is locked. If I use double clicking and renaming layer 0, it makes a new layer, but when I save it just saves an unlocked copy. The default for saving seems to be a locked layer, but these are ordinary pictures I’m saving. It’s really annoying because you can’t move or delete them, and I was wondering how to make it so I can either delete or unlock these, and not have files lurking around that I can’t delete.

Is there anything that might set a default for saved images that I need to alter? I use Windows XP.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KW
Kyle_White
Mar 7, 2004
One item you might check, is, before opening PSE, make sure that the file isn’t tagged as "read-only". If it is you’ll want to change it to read/write. Often, when brining in files from other media, CD’s etc. including the ‘net, files will, by default, be tagged as read only.

HTH

Kyle
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 7, 2004
Funny how an annoyance to some can be a ‘feature’ to others. I like the fact that my pictures start out locked; that way, I can’t make the mistake of saving them to the same name after editing! I’ve even gone back and locked image files on purpose… Oh, the things we do when our memories start to falter…

🙂

Chuck
KW
Kyle_White
Mar 7, 2004
It makes it so hard to pick up my coffee!

Due to the number of strings on my fingers so that I’ll remember……

something……

or other…

Kyle ;->

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections