CS
Posted By
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m sure lots of other people have done this, but I had an "AHA!" recently about doing ‘panoramas’: if you want a picture with ‘normal’ aspect ratio, instead of holding the camera in landscape orientation, hold it in portrait. Then a 2272 pixels high x1704 pixels wide image can be stitched/merged to adjacent images to give a 2272 by 3000 or even 4000 composite. Not great for action photos, but terrific for landscapes. Works particularly well with Canon’s Photostitch (the only decent program in the Canon package); haven’t tried Elements Photomerge for a side-by-side. Lots of pixels to work with – yeah! Also works better with exposure ‘locked’ to the same values across all images that are merged.

Chuck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jun 3, 2004
In one of my photography books is an example of photostitching in portrait mode and I keep forgetting to try it. But that’s a really cool realization about making it into the equivalent of a 6 megapixel camera.

Hmmm… I want to try that with my new S410.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections