Default Camera settingfor two different cameras inACR.

C
Posted By
ColinRobinson
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS CS, WIN XP Home, ACR 2.2.
I have been using A Fuji S2 Pro, and have been very happy with ACR- no problems at all. I just bought a Nikon D2H, and I am aware of the non compatablity of PS/ACR/Nikon software, and have removed the nikon plug in from CS.

However- when I open an S2 RAF file in ACR 2.2 and choose camera defaiult I get a "set" of default settings. When I open a D2H NEF raw file and choose "camera default", I get exactly the same "set" of default settings as for an S2 file. Surely this isn’t right?

I seem to remember being able to choose for a particular camera, but can’t for the life of me find it again. Was it another version of ACR- or indeed another lifetime???
I have searched and can’t find the answer- sorry if I am missing something very obvious here. Any ideas guys?
TIA, Colin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
ColinRobinson
Jun 24, 2004
ND
Nick_Decker
Jun 24, 2004
Colin, I can’t be much help with your question, but I’ve never come across a list of camera defaults to choose from. You might try posting this in the Camera Raw forum; it’s at the top of the list of threads in this forum.
J
jaymarino
Jun 24, 2004
I am going to shoot a wedding with a partner and would like to be able to sort the files from the different cameras (Canon D60 and Nikon D70)by time stamp. This would give a sequential order to the files for the event. I tried this in the File Browser and it seperates the files by filename (Canon = CRW8888.CRW, Nikon= dsc_0013.NEF). I can not get it to merge the files so I can rename the raw files. Is there a way to do this?
AP
Andrew_Pietrzyk
Jun 25, 2004
sorry if I am missing something very obvious here.

Hmm… have you saved the settings for each camera Colin?

I use two Nikons (D1 and D1x), have few calibration settings for each camera and they all show up in the drop-down menu.

Andrew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections