Posted By
Mark
Sep 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
nomail
Sep 11, 2005
Mark wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0509/05090801sonydscr1.asp

Where have you been the last few days?

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
S
SCRUFF
Sep 11, 2005
I’ll pass on any Sony camera.

"Mark" wrote in message

H
Hecate
Sep 12, 2005
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:43:40 GMT, "Mark"
wrote:

And your point is?

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
M
Mark
Sep 13, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
wrote:

And your point is?

Gosh, let’s see…….Photoshop–Photography–Camera w/improved technology, lots of Sony digital camera users…..Gee Hecate, let me think about that one for awhile…………………………….duh–guess I should have posted that to rec.nude, eh?
N
nomail
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

wrote:

And your point is?

Gosh, let’s see…….Photoshop–Photography–Camera w/improved technology, lots of Sony digital camera users…..Gee Hecate, let me think about that one for awhile…………………………….duh–guess I should have posted that to rec.nude, eh?

How about one of the rec.photo newsgroups? That’s where this belongs, not really in a Photoshop newsgroup. Or perhaps you shouldn’t have posted it at all, because at the time you did, it was old news.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
M
Mark
Sep 13, 2005
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Mark wrote:

Gosh, let’s see…….Photoshop–Photography–Camera w/improved technology,
lots of Sony digital camera users…..Gee Hecate, let me think about that one for awhile…………………………….duh–guess I should have posted that to rec.nude, eh?

How about one of the rec.photo newsgroups? That’s where this belongs, not really in a Photoshop newsgroup. Or perhaps you shouldn’t have posted it at all, because at the time you did, it was old news.

Excuse me for posting it "late" (although I didn’t see any reference to it HERE).

I was under the [apparently wrong] impression that there could have been a photoshop user or two that might actually use Sony equipment and might be interested. My mistake and my apologies for passing on what I felt to be relevant information.

(As an aside–you and Hecate are two of the people whose information and advice I read and respect the most here. I’d have expected rudeness from "Flipper Mike
H
harrylimey
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

Excuse me for posting it "late" (although I didn’t see any reference to it HERE).

I was under the [apparently wrong] impression that there could have been a photoshop user or two that might actually use Sony equipment and might be interested. My mistake and my apologies for passing on what I felt to be relevant information.

(As an aside–you and Hecate are two of the people whose information and advice I read and respect the most here. I’d have expected rudeness from "Flipper Mike®" and the crossposting legions of idiots that regularly show up here with him. I surely didn’t expect this from either of you. Thanks.)

Mark – I agree with all your comments, and am also at a loss to explain Hecates & Johan’s responses –
I keep hoping someone (other than myself) will direct a few comments to the French letter writing ‘gil’ (pun intended) and especially to the two glove puppets who responded to the blatant spam from Ultra-sharpen, with such praise that it can only encourage other spammers to try their luck!!
As for Flipper mike, the only possible answer to him is to completely ignore him, and use your blocking software.
S
SCRUFF
Sep 13, 2005
We all know Hecate is really hung up on herself.
Her smug attempts at dry humor just reveals her shriveled personality.

"harrylimey" wrote in message

Mark wrote:

(As an aside–you and Hecate are two of the people whose information and advice I read and respect the most here. I’d have expected rudeness from "Flipper Mike
N
nomail
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

You haven’t found an announcement of the Canon EOS 5D HERE either. Or the Nikon D2X. Or the Canon EOS 1Ds Mk II. Or… Should I continue? I think you get my point. Yes, this new Sony camera is interesting for some people, but so are the cameras I just mentioned. That’s exactly why there are special Usenet groups about photography and cameras.

You are missing the point. Of course there are Photoshop users who may be interested. That’s not the point. There are also (lots) of Photoshop users who wear jeans or eat out sometimes. But does that mean you should announce new jeans and new restaurants in a Photoshop group? Besides; give people some credit. Most people in this group do more than just read this group. Most people probably knew already.

(As an aside–you and Hecate are two of the people whose information and advice I read and respect the most here. I’d have expected rudeness from "Flipper Mike®" and the crossposting legions of idiots that regularly show up here with him. I surely didn’t expect this from either of you. Thanks.)

Aren’t you a bit overreacting now?

M
Mark
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

Excuse me for posting it "late" (although I didn’t see any reference to it
HERE).

You haven’t found an announcement of the Canon EOS 5D HERE either. Or the Nikon D2X. Or the Canon EOS 1Ds Mk II. Or… Should I continue? I think you get my point. Yes, this new Sony camera is interesting for some people, but so are the cameras I just mentioned. That’s exactly why there are special Usenet groups about photography and cameras.
I was under the [apparently wrong] impression that there could have been a
photoshop user or two that might actually use Sony equipment and might be interested. My mistake and my apologies for passing on what I felt to be relevant information.

You are missing the point. Of course there are Photoshop users who may be interested. That’s not the point. There are also (lots) of Photoshop users who wear jeans or eat out sometimes. But does that mean you should announce new jeans and new restaurants in a Photoshop group?

No, you can’t take photos with blue jeans or food……..

Besides;
give people some credit. Most people in this group do more than just read this group. Most people probably knew already.

Now they ALL do……

V
Voivod
Sep 13, 2005
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:24:52 GMT, "Mark"
scribbled:

Mark wrote:

Excuse me for posting it "late" (although I didn’t see any reference to it
HERE).

photoshop user or two that might actually use Sony equipment and might be interested. My mistake and my apologies for passing on what I felt to be relevant information.

You are missing the point. Of course there are Photoshop users who may be interested. That’s not the point. There are also (lots) of Photoshop users who wear jeans or eat out sometimes. But does that mean you should announce new jeans and new restaurants in a Photoshop group?

Without blue jeans you could be arrested for indecency. Without food you’d starve, die and be unable to use photoshop or take pictures…

Besides;
give people some credit. Most people in this group do more than just read this group. Most people probably knew already.

Now they ALL do……

Every single one of them? You know this for a fact?

(As an aside–you and Hecate are two of the people whose information and advice I read and respect the most here. I’d have expected rudeness from "Flipper Mike®" and the crossposting legions of idiots that regularly show
up here with him. I surely didn’t expect this from either of you. Thanks.)

No, but I sure think YOU did…….
S
Stephan
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

No, but I sure think YOU did…….
Nobody overreacted. I agree with Johan and Hecate. For those of us who want to know what the latest news are in digital cameras there is Dpreview. You may think the latest Sony is fantastic but most of us don’t care (I’ll never buy it because I had a Sony once…) I am waiting for a full frame Nikon, is that interesting you? Do you want me to let you know when Nikon comes up with one? Should I let everybody in a.g.p know?

If you can’t help it, next time you HAVE to share, maybe just add an "OT" in you subject line, you’ll be forgiven

Stephan
N
nomail
Sep 13, 2005
Mark wrote:

Interesting. You do reply to this part, but not to the part about all those other cameras that were not announced in this group.

Anyway, I hope you got the point now.

H
Hecate
Sep 14, 2005
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:03:14 GMT, "Mark"
wrote:

wrote:

And your point is?

No. Pick any of the rec.photo groups, especially those which cover consumer grade cameras.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Sep 14, 2005
On 13 Sep 2005 07:49:36 -0700, "harrylimey"
wrote:

Mark wrote:

Mark – I agree with all your comments, and am also at a loss to explain Hecates & Johan’s responses –
I keep hoping someone (other than myself) will direct a few comments to the French letter writing ‘gil’ (pun intended) and especially to the two glove puppets who responded to the blatant spam from Ultra-sharpen, with such praise that it can only encourage other spammers to try their luck!!
As for Flipper mike, the only possible answer to him is to completely ignore him, and use your blocking software.

I wasn’t being in any rude, though I may have been a little exasperated. This is a Photoshop group and new camera news isn’t really a fit for this group. There are lots of rec.photo groups where this is much more appropriate. I don’t mind discussing camera out, RAW, etc which has an application to Photoshop.

I’m sure everyone here is quite capable of finding out about new cameras for themselves and discussing it in the appropriate place.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Sep 14, 2005
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:59:55 GMT, Stephan wrote:

I am waiting for a full frame Nikon,

I take it you’re planning on living till at least 100 then…

Of course, you could always trade in for a Canon like the new 5D 😉

Hecate – The Real One

C
Clyde
Sep 14, 2005
Scruff wrote:

Of course she is. Everyone is hung up on themselves. We are all egocentric. We only really see the world from our viewpoint. Our self interest is the key to our survival and success.

Newsgroups are the most extreme example of that in the world. Well, outside of government.

Understanding that everyone is almost exclusively interested in themselves is the first step in winning friends and influencing people. BTW, another key is to never cut someone else down in the attempt to make yourself look better. It doesn’t work from any direction.

Knowing that no one gives a damn about what I think,
Clyde
S
SCRUFF
Sep 14, 2005
Gee, I’m nothing like that.

"Clyde" wrote in message
Scruff wrote:

Of course she is. Everyone is hung up on themselves. We are all egocentric. We only really see the world from our viewpoint. Our self interest is the key to our survival and success.

Newsgroups are the most extreme example of that in the world. Well, outside of government.

Understanding that everyone is almost exclusively interested in themselves is the first step in winning friends and influencing people. BTW, another key is to never cut someone else down in the attempt to make yourself look better. It doesn’t work from any direction.
Clyde
S
Stephan
Sep 14, 2005
Hecate wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:59:55 GMT, Stephan wrote:

I am waiting for a full frame Nikon,

I take it you’re planning on living till at least 100 then…
Of course, you could always trade in for a Canon like the new 5D 😉
The bodies are not the problem but I paid a fortune for lenses nobody would now buy from me.
Nikon will have to follow Canon this time again, I’ll wait.

Stephan
C
Clyde
Sep 15, 2005
Scruff wrote:

"Clyde" wrote in message

Scruff wrote:

Clyde

<chuckle> I gave this a bit more thought…

Newsgroups and other Internet forums seem like good examples of collective monologue. Everyone is talking to hear themselves talk, but using a dialog format. There is nothing like stroking the ego on a global scale.

I like to think I’m here to help those with much less Photoshop experience than I have, but there is probably a lot more ego stroking than I’d like to admit. OK, I’m here to learn more too, but let’s face it "no one else writes as brilliant and insightful messages as I do." 🙂 Make that a huge grin, but there is more of that than I care to admit either.

Of course, you and everyone else is working from exactly the same basis. Even Hecate. That’s OK though. In this global cluster jerk that we are doing, she deserves to get off as much as the rest of us.

Ideally we will remember to stroke each other – it’s much better than way. Ultimately we will get more out of it. Alas, our nature is such that it isn’t likely to change.

———————–

BTW, I think the Sony R1 is a very interesting camera. As someone who uses Photoshop to edit photos almost exclusively, I thought this was considerably less off topic than many things I’ve seen here.

Clyde
S
SCRUFF
Sep 15, 2005
No Really, I’m nothing like that.

"Clyde" wrote in message
Scruff wrote:

"Clyde" wrote in message

Scruff wrote:

Clyde

<chuckle> I gave this a bit more thought…

Newsgroups and other Internet forums seem like good examples of collective monologue. Everyone is talking to hear themselves talk, but using a dialog format. There is nothing like stroking the ego on a global scale.

I like to think I’m here to help those with much less Photoshop experience than I have, but there is probably a lot more ego stroking than I’d like to admit. OK, I’m here to learn more too, but let’s face it "no one else writes as brilliant and insightful messages as I do." 🙂 Make that a huge grin, but there is more of that than I care to admit either.

Of course, you and everyone else is working from exactly the same basis. Even Hecate. That’s OK though. In this global cluster jerk that we are doing, she deserves to get off as much as the rest of us.
Ideally we will remember to stroke each other – it’s much better than way. Ultimately we will get more out of it. Alas, our nature is such that it isn’t likely to change.

———————–

BTW, I think the Sony R1 is a very interesting camera. As someone who uses Photoshop to edit photos almost exclusively, I thought this was considerably less off topic than many things I’ve seen here.
Clyde
H
HIVisOwned
Sep 16, 2005
Scruff wrote:

Scruff, you are just a plain asshole! lol FM…
S
SCRUFF
Sep 16, 2005
"
H
HIVisOwned
Sep 16, 2005
Scruff wrote:

"±© Flipper Mike ®³" wrote in message

Scruff wrote:

Scruff, you are just a plain asshole! lol FM…

Who is this Flipper guy?
He really seems to have a problem.
I’m the guy that owns Scruff (…and his mother)! FM…
S
SCRUFF
Sep 16, 2005
"
S
SCRUFF
Sep 16, 2005
"

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections