D
Posted By
Dr._Stanley_C._Diamond
Sep 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have bought a sony Alpha A100 digital camera. When I try to download the image as a raw image to my CS2 program, it will only register as a Tiff image. It does not seem to recognize the Sony raw file. I found a download on the Adobe site and put it into my program but that did not change anything. The download was an .8BI file and I don’t know how to activate it. I am running XP on a Dell Dimension computer. My CS2 version is 9.0.2.Using the proprietary Sony Image Data Converter program which came with the camera, I can convert the images into Tiff or Jpeg but not Adobe Raw. The sony image extensions I get are .ARW or .SR2. The download I tried but did not know how to activate is Camera Raw.8BI

I hope someone can help me with this problem. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AC
Art Campbell
Sep 25, 2006
The directions for installing the Adobe Camera Raw plug in are on the same page you downloaded it from. Also, be sure to download version 3.5, the latest, which I believe is the one you need for A100 support.

There are a couple other messages about A100 support — be sure to search the forum for them.

Art
D
Dr._Stanley_C._Diamond
Sep 25, 2006
Hi, Art,

I appreciate your response and it was helpful in that I did not know how to place the download into my computer. However, after I did what was suggested in the description, I still don’t seem to get CS2 to recognize the Sony raw downloads. Is there a tech discussion group or some such thing I can consult to see what I am doing wrong?

Stan Diamond
AC
Art Campbell
Sep 25, 2006
Stan,

You did download and install the ACR 3.5, correct?
And rebooted…

You may want to mosey over to the Camera Raw Forum and read the FAQ and other trouble-shooting posts (and possibly post your message over there, but do the trouble shooting steps first). They’re more detailed than you will find here in the Photoshop (general) area.

Cheers,
Art

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections