I
Posted By
innostudiographx
Jun 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Check it out,,, So I be designing and say I move a layer or drag a layer, my whole pc just shut’s down on it’s own, and it’s only with Photoshop I run a P4 3.00 GHZ, with 768 MB of Ram, XP Home. Anyone else have this problem and resolved it? Help me please. Thanks!!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 12, 2005
This is a hardware problem. I’ve seen behaviour like this with a bad processor but it could be some other hardware component.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 12, 2005
yup. hardware… possibly bios too. see the faq:

Chris Cox, "Computer locks up, shuts down, or reboots while running Photoshop" #2, 16 Aug 2004 3:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
I
innostudiographx
Jun 12, 2005
Dave, I checked out the faq that you posted and as a matter a fact the problem I have is with an HP Pavillion ZD7000, know I know it’s a hardware problem. Thanks.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 12, 2005
oh man, i hope you’re in time for the free fix. quick call hp!
I
innostudiographx
Jun 12, 2005
Well it turn’s out to be the memory slot I found a thread in HP.COM and found this:

"HP and Compaq Notebook PCs – Notebook Turns Off When Using Adobe Photoshop CS"

And the solution is:

When using Adobe Photoshop CS, or other applications that perform very high memory or graphics intensive operations, the notebook may unexpectedly shut down. This may occur during certain image manipulation operations, including multiple layers and layered effects.

The error condition only exists when two system memory cards are installed in the notebook.

As a temporary solution for this issue, remove one memory module from the system (ensure the remaining memory module is properly seated by removing and re-seating it).
….

Which suck’s becouse I just upgraded my ram with a 512 removing one mem did solve the problem it shut down nomore, but know iam one 512 ram short in which make my cs run verrrrryyy slow especially when doing text. Grrr!!!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 12, 2005
The Laptop is just not up to the task for Photoshop. As you were not aware of this when you bought it, it is clearly an hidden fault. You should win in court. But is it worth the battle? Ask for a refund for the memory and/or an exchange to a 1Gb stick?
I
innostudiographx
Jun 13, 2005
Yea I can see that now, heats up alot too. I guess I am going to have to buy a desktop now.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2005
when did you buy the system? if it’s under warrenty i’d be screaming for a fix – or a replacement w/o the problem – regardless of what the site says…

iirc, they said future versions of the same system would ship with the fix already in place.
I
innostudiographx
Jun 13, 2005
around august of last year, has not been a year so i will scream them that.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections