GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As some of you know I belong to a camera club. What they want is for me give some demos on Elements and Photoshop. I am not really keen on doing this as they do not have lots of computers for hands on work. I though making lesson on CD maybe a better way to go. Each person could get a CD of what I demonstrated and then they can go over it at their own computer. There are a number of shows out there that do this, many commercial therefore the software is out there. Does anyone know of software that can capture the screen in video form as you work. It would be nice to add the sound track later so I would only have to think of one thing at a time.

Grant

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 25, 2004
Grant, check out Camtasia <http://www.techsmith.com>. Personally I think SnapzPro is the best, but it’s not available for Win.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 25, 2004
I see that snagit now has screen recording as well.
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 25, 2004
Barbara

Hugs and kisses looks exactly what I am looking for.

G.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 25, 2004
Grant, if you are also going to do any still screenshots, definitely give SnagIt a try. It makes it very easy to add effects like drop shadows to your captures-much faster than importing a screenshot to PE to edit it.

BTW, I find that I at least have to rehearse a tad for screen videos because you don’t realize how long it takes to talk. By practicing your spiel while you are doing what you want to capture you can get a better sense of how slow you really need to move and usually it is pretty slow, or else leave a lot of time between movements.

With any of these video programs life is a lot easier if you don’t have to do substantial editing within a "scene."
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 25, 2004
Barbara

Thank you for the input as this is all very foreign to me. I am very accustom to talking in public. When I talk I have the points I want to make and I know how long the talk will take the rest is on the fly and it all happens. For this thing there will be no audience feed back and no allowance for slips so I suspect I will work with a script and a stop watch. Hopefully after the video is done then I can go back and add the voice over. I use humour a good deal in my talks but I will be very aware of how levity I add as I don’t want it to be a stand up comedy show. So much to learn but I do not have to have the first programs ready until next fall.

g.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 26, 2004
For this thing there will be no audience feed back and no allowance for slips

Yeah, but it’s like having unlimited time in the recording studio–you can do as many takes as you need and it doesn’t cost anything except the time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections