AO
Posted By
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have recorded an action to create a transparent image on a batch of photos. Next I ran the image processor using the File/Scripts/image processor. When running the action the error message occurs no matter how many ways I attempt to modify the action. Error: The object "Style "Shape Style"" is not currently available.

I then look in the action window to check and under the steps Make Fill Layer: Style: Shape, Style 1 appears but I can’t delete it.
This one error message makes it impossible for me to image process a batch of photos with a watermark on them.
Thank You In Advance for your Help.
SPE

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Oct 12, 2008
But did you add the shape in question actually to your custom shape library or store the vector path in a different manner in your document? Some of this stuff only works if properly named presets exist…

Mylenium
AO
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Mylenium,
Thank you for replying. I took the shape directly from the custom shape options. I actually used the Shape in the shape drop down menu called sun 1. Do I need to add this shape to a library also? If yes, what steps do I take to add it to a library?
Thanks so much!
SPE
SurfingPicturesEast.com
M
Mylenium
Oct 12, 2008
Mmh, if it’s one of the default shapes without modification, then this should work. However, just to be sure I would try to create a layer and use the path to create a custom path in the "Paths" palette. Then reference this path instead of the preset shape. Might add a few extra steps for the "Apply Mask Path to Layer", but may provide a more failsafe solution to your problem. My guess is, that the automation script does not return the name of preset items correctly, so this is either a limitation or even a bug. Perhaps someone who uses these functions more intensely than me can provide some additional ideas.

Mylenium
AO
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Mylenium,
You have a great point. I did choose the default shape but I stretched/modified the shape so I believe I should add this modified shape to my custom shape library.I’ll do it in the paths area and see if this works. I’ll let you know.
Mahalo
Alan
AO
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Mylenium,
I tried creating a new shape and putting in the shapes palette twice and I still get the error message. I can’t believe it. The adobe help personel sent me an action yesterday and that worked fine so it’s not a limitiation. For some reason I can not create an action that works properly. Not sure what to do from here??
Mahalo
SPE
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 12, 2008
alan, are your an administrator on the machine? do you have full read/write access to the preferences (where the actions will be saved)? are the preferences folders write protected?
AO
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Dave,
It is my business laptop. I started a new business SurfingpicturesEast.com and have dove into Dreamweaver and PS CS3. I have complete access to all options. Thanks for asking. I will check the preference folders anyways.
Cheers
Alan
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 12, 2008
can you save them into a new action set then save that?

ex. create a new set, icon bottom of action palette, then create a new action in that set, then save that set via the flyout menu in the action palette and save action set

what i’m getting at is maybe you have the action palette file locked.

the main file is called "Actions Palette.psp" and lives in: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings

make sure you have full access to that folder.

another thing to maybe try… copy out that whole folder to a new location. then delete everything in it. then restart photoshop. then try to save the action again. at worst you can always copy the old files back in, at best, you’ll clear out a disturbing error…
AO
Alan_Owens
Oct 12, 2008
Dave,
I tried deleting the folder and it said it was write protected. I thought I checked that in preferences. Where do you find the write protection section in preferences? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Thanks for your help. I tried creating a new set and the same style 1 action inserts itself automatically. There isn’t a check mark so I can’t delete that particular action.
thanks
Alan
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 12, 2008
I thought I checked that in preferences. Where do you find the write protection section in preferences?

in windows explorer. right click a folder and it should tell you if it’s read only. if so, uncheck that box.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections