How to run plugins automatically in an action?

AM
Posted By
Augusto_Machado
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to use Actions to help me process a lot of pictures. I +/- managed to made comprehensive actions for individual types of pictures. However, these Actions involves the use of some 2 or 3 third party plug ins. How can I make an Action that simply accepts the default plug in setup (or one that I preconfigured while recording the Action) without stopping the said Action in waiting for me to confirm or change the setup of each of these plug ins? I want to have an Action that will perform unattended the processing of various photos. I am lost in here, and finding very annoying in having to assist the process of every photo because the Action stops 3 or more times waiting for confirmation of the various plug ins screens.

Many thanks for any help.

Augusto

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DR
Danny_Raphael
Jun 15, 2004
It’s not something you’re doing wrong or a limitation of Photoshop. It’s the plugin.

Some are "action friendly," that is, when you play the action the plugin is applied with the settings you recorded without interruption. Unfortunately not all plugins are architected that way. (I don’t know why.)

In those cases when the plugin action step is played, the plugin’s dialog box is displayed no matter what — and that can be very annoying, especially when you consider the expense of some plugins.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections