GS
Posted By
Greg_Susong
Oct 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am recording an action. I have selected an area of the image. The action I recorded, does this:

Transforms the selection to 155 x 155 pixels
copies it
opens a new file
changes the image size of the new file
pastes the image into the new file

Problem is, even though when recording the action I specifically tell it to transform the selection to 155 x 155 pixels, the resulting action has changed that to a percentage and stored it that way. I need it to be a value in pixels and not a percentage as my original file will always be changing.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 7, 2006
Check your preferences – the actions record in your default units (so you can specify the behavior as exact or relative).
GS
Greg_Susong
Oct 7, 2006
That’s the rub. My preferences are set to pixels.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 8, 2006
Naw Chris, he’s right. Looks like a bug oversight. There’s no way I can figure to get absolute pixel transformation either with Edit|Transoform or Select|Transform Selection in an action. It always records percent. It was that way in PS7 too.

If the resolution changes, the post transformation maintains a percentage of the original; so it’s really using percent in the transformation, not just recording the value.

The Action records:

Transform Current Layer
* Center: center
* Translate: 0 pixels, 0 pixels
* Width: 26.8%
* Height: 33.1%

The last two values vary depending on the starting image size, of course, but they’re always percent.

Peace,
Tony
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 8, 2006
OK, report it as a bug, and we’ll work on it.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 8, 2006
Thanks Chris. Done.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections