Posted By
shawnews
Jan 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:

hope someone can help. I have a layer style than I’m trying to apply to about 300 images so I thought recording an action would work for this, but I’m having a problem.

I open an image, start to record. I resize, add a new layer and the select the pencil tool. (I need to draw a grid on the new layer and apply styles to this layer later). I draw what i need on this new layer and apply the style. Everything seems to record ok EXCEPT the actions made when using the pencil tool. Can you not record the actions made by the pencil tool? If not..any brainiacs out there have any suggestions?

Thanks…any thoughts would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Abe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jaSPAMc
Jan 17, 2006
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:20:17 GMT, "shawnews"
found these unused words floating about:

Hi:

hope someone can help. I have a layer style than I’m trying to apply to about 300 images so I thought recording an action would work for this, but I’m having a problem.

I open an image, start to record. I resize, add a new layer and the select the pencil tool. (I need to draw a grid on the new layer and apply styles to this layer later). I draw what i need on this new layer and apply the style. Everything seems to record ok EXCEPT the actions made when using the pencil tool. Can you not record the actions made by the pencil tool? If not..any brainiacs out there have any suggestions?

Abe
Can you save just the layer with the pencil tool’s work?

If so, create that, and copy to the clipboard, then start your action, but simply paste the saved pencil instead of adding a layer and redrawing.

Paste will work I use it to add my copyright or "proof’ shadow – perhaps the newer versions even open, drag and drop from a file.
S
shawnews
Jan 17, 2006
Fantastic 🙂

I knew there had to be a way…that worked just great…you’re a life saver 🙂
Thanks so much,

Abe

"J. A. Mc." wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:20:17 GMT, "shawnews"
found these unused words floating about:

Hi:

I open an image, start to record. I resize, add a new layer and the select
the pencil tool. (I need to draw a grid on the new layer and apply styles to
this layer later). I draw what i need on this new layer and apply the style. Everything seems to record ok EXCEPT the actions made when using the
pencil tool. Can you not record the actions made by the pencil tool? If not..any brainiacs out there have any suggestions?

Abe
Can you save just the layer with the pencil tool’s work?
If so, create that, and copy to the clipboard, then start your action, but simply paste the saved pencil instead of adding a layer and redrawing.
Paste will work I use it to add my copyright or "proof’ shadow – perhaps the
newer versions even open, drag and drop from a file.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections