JV
Posted By
john_vandenberg
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Making an action that I want to end with hitting the "OK" button in a dialog. I’m actually doing a DUPLICATE action where I hit F1 and whatever image is up front, it will make a duplicate. It works, but I still have to hit the Okay button to finish. In recording the action, I do hit the return, but it does not "take" and show up in the Actions list. Is this impossible to accomplish?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
randalqueen
Jan 20, 2009
would it be better to insert menu item and use image/duplicate and say ok?
JV
john_vandenberg
Jan 21, 2009
I don’t know what you mean. I am inserting a menu item, but that menu item needs an "Okay" button to be hit to finish, and that’s what I can’t seem to program into the Action. I hit F1, it duplicates the image, and then I have to manually hit the Okay button. It’s not the end of the world, but I used to have it so the image would just duplicate, but I don’t remember how I did that.
R
randalqueen
Jan 21, 2009
You are not inserting a menu item. You are using F1. To insert a menu item, you need to use the drop down menu that says Insert Menu Item.

I am not by my computer with photoshop so look up how to use the Insert Command and then the Okay will work.
JV
john_vandenberg
Jan 21, 2009
With all do respect, that is exactly how I am doing it.

Here’s what I’m doing.

1. go to the Actions panel, and hit "New Action…"
2. Name it, choose F1 as my key, and hit Record
3. I then go to the Actions panel again, and choose "Insert Menu Item…"
4. The little thing pops up, and I immediately to up to the Image menu at the top, and choose "Duplicate…"
5.Then click Okay on the little pop up.
6. Then hit stop, and that’s it.

I hit F1, and sure enough, it duplicates the window I have selected. But then I get the popup box with the window asking for Name, and Okay…

That last step of having the Action record me hitting the okay (because I don’t care what the name is on the duplicate).
JM
J_Maloney
Jan 21, 2009
Why not just record and actually go to the image menu and select duplicate, instead of insert menu item, duplicate. Works for me with no enter. Records "duplicate first doc" in the action.
JV
john_vandenberg
Jan 21, 2009
Yes, that’s it. That works, no "insert menu item" at all.

I did not have any windows open, and tried to record the Action, so the menu was greyed out, hence I went over to insert menu item.

But with a window open, I could successfully record the Duplicate with return command, and it plays back perfectly.

Thanks for jarring my memory
JM
J_Maloney
Jan 21, 2009
🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections