D
Posted By
Dave
Apr 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I clicked the record new action button, then I clicked image, rotate canvas, 90 degrees CCW.
Next Iclicked File, save, clicked OK in the pop-up dialg box. After the file was saved and closed I clicked stop recording.

Later I tried using it and it hung up the dialog box waiting for me to click OK. This seems crazy since I clicked the OK button
while recording (supposedly) the macro in the first place !

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
extrarice
Apr 14, 2007
In article <DqXTh.21200$>,
"Dave" wrote:

I clicked the record new action button, then I clicked image, rotate canvas, 90 degrees CCW.
Next Iclicked File, save, clicked OK in the pop-up dialg box. After the file was saved and closed I clicked stop recording.
Later I tried using it and it hung up the dialog box waiting for me to click OK. This seems crazy since I clicked the OK button
while recording (supposedly) the macro in the first place !

I don’t know how CS2 handles recording user-interaction, but Photoshop 7 will not record saves when a dialog box opens. The only way I’ve found around this in PS7 is to use the File->Automate->Batch option, and feed the Automate dialog a source directory and destination directory, telling it to "Save and Close" after running the action, ignoring the recorded action’s saves.

Hope this helps!

Any one who considers arithmetical methods of producing
random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.
-John von Neumnn, 1951

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections