Rob_Kyles
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am new to Photoshop Elements.
When I go to File|open the dialog shows all picture formats, and if I select a jpeg it gives a preview. However if I select a larger bmp file, say 10Mb or so, it gives no preview even if I right-click and choose ‘preview’.
I am using PShop E 2.0, Win2k, 256Mb Ram 900Mhz processor

Any pointers greatfully received 🙂

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 15, 2004
Rob,

I’m using PE 1 on an XP machine so this is not the best of answers. I hope someone with the same config as your’s or at least with PE 2 will come up with a more definitive answer.

I don’t get a preview in the File, Open dialogue box of any BMP, even a 900kb created by PE using "Save as" from a jpg. If I set the View to thumbnail I have one for the BMP file but that is a Windows function not Elements. When I right click and select Preview my default windows picture/fax viewer opens and displays the picture but, again, right clicking in the open dialogue is a windows function rather than Elements.

If I use Elements’ File Browser the BMP Thumbnail is there and treated like any other picture format.

PSD and TIFF show a preview just fine. It may be that neither version of Elements will preview BMP files.

Bob
RK
Rob_Kyles
May 16, 2004
Hi Bob

Thanks for the tip, I always use detail view so hadn’t thought of thumbnail view, which works fine, albeit slowly.

I will probably use PSD format more as well as Jpg

Thanks again,
regards
Rob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections